Amber Livi v. Tangerine United

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

No chance have I been pishing myself laughing at the state of the pitches on Saturday/Sunday for us to call this off. Don't do this to me.

Selfishly though, I won't make this so a postponement means I won't miss it. Get it off.

Fair point.  If it’s on tomorrow I’ll miss at least the first half.  Happy for a postponement.

41 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'd appreciate local knowledge as early as possible to indicate if this will go ahead, from a West Lothian microclimate meteoroligist if possible.

Also, the surrounds to the ground are quite steep in parts, will this affect the decision?

The surrounding areas tend to be the issue with this kind of weather

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'd appreciate local knowledge as early as possible to indicate if this will go ahead, from a West Lothian microclimate meteoroligist if possible.

Also, the surrounds to the ground are quite steep in parts, will this affect the decision?

There's a corner of the ground that gets no sunlight at all. I'm wondering if we've just left the snow on the pitch to insulate it and will just clear it tomorrow afternoon and hope it doesn't freeze during the night.

Surrounding areas have been a reason for call offs in the past but that's down to the council to sort out. I'm 20 minutes away from the stadium and it's not too icy so hopefully the stadium is similar

Edited by ATLIS

Think it depends on the overnight temps tbh.Yeh,the surrounding areas around the stadium could be brutal,and if that's the case the decision will be taken out of the clubs hands by the Police and Safety officials, regardless whether the pitch is playable or not. 🤷‍♂️🥶.

Currently -1 in Livingston at the moment.Expected to rise to about 3 degree's this afternoon but will drop back down later.No overnight thaw and some snow and ice not shifted.Hopefully clubs will inform supporters ASAP as to whether its on or in danger of being called off.🤷‍♂️🥶🥶🥶.

Can't see this one going ahead.  There was a little bit of a thaw yesterday afternoon, however it has been freezing overnight and there is now more ice than there was yesterday.

Any moisture on the pitch will now be ice and unlikely to thaw today.  Surrounding areas are likely to be deemed dangerous.

Real shame if it doesn't go ahead interrupting our good run.

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

Can't see this one going ahead.  There was a little bit of a thaw yesterday afternoon, however it has been freezing overnight and there is now more ice than there was yesterday.

Any moisture on the pitch will now be ice and unlikely to thaw today.  Surrounding areas are likely to be deemed dangerous.

Real shame if it doesn't go ahead interrupting our good run.

I was with you on this one until one of my sons pointed out that the club have been posting pictures of the players training on the pitch.

Fms98ZLWYDAdxUp?format=jpg&name=large

Fms98aIWYBw5NlZ?format=jpg&name=large

Fms98c-WYCAdED-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Admittedly these all seem to be on the south side of the stadium (the side that gets the sunshine) but I live in hope. We haven't had any rain since the weekend so hopefully the temporary thaws have given it a chance to drain away.

Of course the real problem (other than the road and surrounding areas) is always the North West corner which never seems to get sunlight. Hopefully steps have been taken to try and deal.

Also didn't we get some sort of tent thing which was meant to heat up the ground?

Edited by Durnford

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

Fms98ZLWYDAdxUp?format=jpg&name=large

I'd assumed Ivan had left the club quietly when he wasn't in the squad at all against St Johnstone. With all the speculation about him wanting to leave etc it'd be nice to know what's actually happening

Edited by Cptn Hooch

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Pitch inspection scheduled for 3/3:30PM

Worryingly the club are sound a fair bit less gung ho  about it being on than they were earlier:

Due to the freezing conditions in West Lothian over the last few days, there will be a pitch inspection held at 3pm this afternoon ahead of tonight's scheduled

Premiership clash with

. We'll bring you the outcome of that inspection as soon as we have it.