Championship Sunday

lichtie23

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Turns out Purdy had a complete tear of the UCL in his right elbow, which should put to bed any of the shite about him being a quitter. Looks like he will be out for 6 months minimum as it requires surgery. 4 QBs on the 49ers books but god knows who will be starting next season.

It'll be Purdy and Lance battling for QB1 surely? Plus some jobber as QB3. The Niners won't have the cap space to retain Jimmy again especially with a deal imminent for Bosa who is likely to reset the market for DLs. They'll need every penny they can scramble together.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

It'll be Purdy and Lance battling for QB1 surely? Plus some jobber as QB3. The Niners won't have the cap space to retain Jimmy again especially with a deal imminent for Bosa who is likely to reset the market for DLs. They'll need every penny they can scramble together.

If you see my post in the general discussion thread, they have hardly any cap space for next year already even with the increase, but only 35 players signed up. Rumours they would be in the market for Brady but unless he agrees to play for virtually zero then there is no way that's happening. Purdy will miss almost the whole of the off season, so I would expect Lance starts the season if Purdy isn't quite fit yet.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

If you see my post in the general discussion thread, they have hardly any cap space for next year already even with the increase, but only 35 players signed up. Rumours they would be in the market for Brady but unless he agrees to play for virtually zero then there is no way that's happening. Purdy will miss almost the whole of the off season, so I would expect Lance starts the season if Purdy isn't quite fit yet.

Yeah they do tend to have to sign / resign a shed load of players every close season! I guess one saving grace for Purdy is that he will be on relative buttons compared to others. So long as Josh Johnson isn't back I will be happy.