Sellick v St. Mirren

Arch Stanton

Not that I want to be defending any decisions in Celtic's favour, but if its given as a handball red is correct going by the rules isn't it?

Red card if a handball prevents an obvious goal scoring chance. Blocking it on the line is about as clear as it gets. 

In our game against Hibs at Tynecastle this season when Bushiri handled it and got a yellow Stuart Dougal said it was only not a red as they couldn't be certain it was going in.

9 minutes ago, S7C said:

Yes, an example of a ridiculous refereeing decision. Which you claimed never go against Celtic. Just pointing out that we’re not immune to the farce that is VAR or Scottish officiating.

My heart fuckin bleeds 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not that I want to be defending any decisions in Celtic's favour, but if its given as a handball red is correct going by the rules isn't it?

Red card if a handball prevents an obvious goal scoring chance. Blocking it on the line is about as clear as it gets. 

In our game against Hibs at Tynecastle this season when Bushiri handled it and got a yellow Stuart Dougal said it was only not a red as they couldn't be certain it was going in.

We had a player behind him.

14 minutes ago, S7C said:

We’ve already had a few penalty decisions against us for hand ball this season that really shouldn’t have been. O’Riley’s being particularly ridiculous.

But alas, here we go with the lazy ‘old firm’ schtick again.

image.png.50112e586333bdd0ee6faa95e951a968.png

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

For me the player behind him was enough to merit it being just a yellow.

Plus he clearly wasn’t deliberately trying to make a save or anything. Was harsh.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm not sure how they could say for definite that it prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Small was standing right behind him and blocked the ball after it accidentally hit Taylor's arm.

The standard of our referees is dreadful.

Shitebags to a man.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, S7C said:

For me the player behind him was enough to merit it being just a yellow.

Plus he clearly wasn’t deliberately trying to make a save or anything. Was harsh.

I've not seen the actual incident, radio made it sound like he was last man.

I don't think the deliberate bit matters though, if it's given and he's stopped a goalscoring chance it has to be a red.

Edited by Tony Wonder

I've not seen the actual incident, radio made it sound like he was last man.

I don't think the deliberate bit matters though, if it's given and he's stopped a goalscoring chance it has to be a red.

………and there you have it.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I'm not sure how they could say for definite that it prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Small was standing right behind him and blocked the ball after it hit Taylor's arm.

Fair dos. I was going by the description on the radio, I never knew about Small. 

Thought people maybe thought it wasn't a red based on the double jeopardy rule.

Fair dos. I was going by the description on the radio, I never knew about Small. 

Thought people maybe thought it wasn't a red based on the double jeopardy rule.

Disappointed in you, you should know better than to believe the media when it involves one of the cheeks.

You’re better than this.

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

Disappointed in you, you should know better than to believe the media when it involves one of the cheeks.

You’re better than this.

True. I assumed the reporting of it was correct so couldn't understand why everyone was up in arms. If there was someone behind him it changes it. But the radio and BBC said this, so it's hardly wild to think it was what actually happened

Screenshot_20230211_194038_BBC Sport.jpg

4 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Happy with the outcome, thought we were pish for the vast majority of the game. Midfield wasn't at the races.

Think it's game over for Turnbull at Celtic, another start where he's completely anonymous, just isn't good enough.

Add him to the list of potentially good Scottish players that have been ruined by the old firm.