Livi vs Killie

30 minutes ago, Fide said:

Bookmarked just on the vague off-chance you're incorrect. 

Whatever was i thinking. Silly me. Must have forgot what team i supported there. As you were. 

Edited by Fide

Never thought I would ever again get so close to despising a Killie team as much as the spineless mob led by Dicker and Broadfoot that got us relegated, yet here we are. I could say Chambers and Walker get a pass, but it's not the best choice of word seeing as the other donkeys couldn't pass fucking gas. 

4 minutes ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

Never thought I would ever again get so close to despising a Killie team as much as the spineless mob led by Dicker and Broadfoot that got us relegated, yet here we are. I could say Chambers and Walker get a pass, but it's not the best choice of word seeing as the other donkeys couldn't pass fucking gas. 

I genuinely hate these c***s more. We dont have the obvious panto villains of Dicker and Broadfoot, but at least Dyer's team scored a decent amount of goals.

Nouble is in serious danger of replacing Fernandez as my favourite ever Livi player, he was immense today, esp in the first half, tracking back winning the ball breaking up Killie attacks, and his brilliant hold up play gives us a good target man for booting it up the pitch, it was fantastic seeing the big man back playing.

Bradley has been a terrific signing from Hibs, what a player he is too, loving the look of him and Nouble playing wide with Anderson leading the attack.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Three weeks ago I watch the game at McDiarmid Park and thought I'd seen the worst defensive display in the current season; I was wrong.

Exactly what Killie were thinking with their man marking for Nouble's goal beggars belief; don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining but that  was really Sunday morning kick about stuff.

Conceding a goal to Doidge was a bit embarrassing; I supposed someone had to but even so....

Felt a bit sorry to the band of supporters who traveled over from Ayrshire for that. It could quite easily be suggested that every one of them put in more effort that the majority of the team they came to support.

on thing that gets we is when we're winning by a few goals we seem to take our foot off the gas; we did that with St Johnstone as well and allowed them a foothold back into the game. Our gola difference is actually quite poor for our position in the table.

Just watched the highlights, and I very much enjoy the aesthetics of Doidge's consolation goal. I know it looks to a casual observer that he just accidentally bundles the ball over the line while tripping over the keeper, but if having watched a fair quantity of his goals at Hibs, it's clear that he does this sort of thing deliberately, and this one is a classic of the genre.

Not a poor performance from a Livi player today. Morgan Boyes is getting better every game it seems which is fantastic to see. Stephen Kelly and Stephen Bradley are such exciting young players. Bruce Anderson was tireless again, as was Pittman. Then there's the big guy...so good to see him in the starting 11 again, what a player. We need to soak it up though as he'll no doubt be offski soon with the attention he creates. With the resale values of Nouble, Anderson and Stephen Kelly we could be turning a good bit of profit over the next few seasons

An outstanding first half performance which won the game. As anticipated, we looked far more threatening in attack than we had done in previous games. What a massive difference Nouble makes. Not only is he a force by himself but he will also bring out the best in the likes of Anderson, Bradley and Kelly. Thought Pittman had his best performance in a while too.

Felt we were a bit too passive at the beginning of the second half. Was a bit worried when Killie got a goal straight away. However, bringing Penrice and Holt on put us back in control. 

Killie looked better coming forward than last time but worse defensively. However, the latter could be down to our improvements in the attacking third. I’d put my money on them finishing 11th and comfortably beating any championship team over two legs. Would be class if they got Ayr.

First half performance was near-perfect from a Livi perspective. The assists and finishes for the second and third goals were sublime. Great energy and movement in centre midfield from Stephen Kelly and Pittman. Devlin and Montaño got forward and combined with their wingers really well. Nouble was in inspired form and Anderson was his usual lively self. 

Second half was began far too casually but the team were then reenergised by the subs and saw out the match fairly comfortably.

For Killie, Vassell was impressive and can take much of the credit for Doidge's goal. 

Edited by FreedomFarter

19 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Nouble just got fouled by 2 players at once, gets a booking :lol: Refereeing in this country is a joke.

Gets fouled that often refs just ignore half of them or they'd be stopping the game every time the ball goes to him. He has a habit of putting his arm out like that though and because he's so tall it's at face level for most opposition players going into him. Got a red card against St Johnstone (i think) for something similar.

As an aside from the general game on Saturday; it thought it was a time that VAR acted almost as it was intended to do.

Very little delay in decisions; goals confirmed within about 30 seconds or less; very few irritating belated offside decisions pulling the ball back when the defending team have already won the ball back and are starting to counter attack.

This in contrast with some of the games recently where its been absolutely painful.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

As an aside from the general game on Saturday; it thought it was a time that VAR acted almost as it was intended to do.

Very little delay in decisions; goals confirmed within about 30 seconds or less; very few irritating belated offside decisions pulling the ball back when the defending team have already won the ball back and are starting to counter attack.

This in contrast with some of the games recently where its been absolutely painful.

Our last 2 games have been relatively VAR free of any big game changing decisions or pain in the arse waiting around not knowing what's happening. Genuinely forgot it was there against Hearts, think they must've switched it off.