Livi vs Killie

Better late than never. Should be a tight game but I think we'll win by a goal. I wasn't impressed at all with Killie the last time they came to the TMA but I think they have improved since then despite their league position. If we're serious about Europe, it's a must win for us. Hopefully having Nouble back will add a bit of potency up front. 

28 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Killie seem to be two different teams, home and away. I'd be disappointed without a win here.

1-0 Killie. Scott Robinson to score the winner with 5 mins to go and run straight to Martindale giving the 'GIRUY' gesture

21 pts at home and only 2 pts away from Rugby Park. 

We really need to take something from this game but with our away record, I'll be shocked yet delighted if we see anything other than a defeat.

No idea what selection Del's tombola will fire out for this one but it looks like Donnelly misses out, latest update awaiting results of a knee scan, while Taylor comes back into contention after being subbed off Wednesday night as a precaution.

As for Robinson, he'll probably start on the bench.

My take on Killie is their best players are in wide areas. Going by Sportscene highlights, Chambers looks a good attacking left back. I was impressed by Alebiosu in the first Livi - Killie match this season too, he attacked well from right back. Although I think Mayo often plays ahead of him. Then wide midfielders Armstrong and McKenzie are definitely bigger goal threats than Killie's forwards. They'll both need watched closely. 

Polworth and Power between them lack a bit of mobility so I think two from our three "snappers" - Holt/Pittman/Omeonga - can dominate there. Then I think Killie aren't great at centre back either. They could struggle with Anderson's movement and hopefully Stephen Kelly/Shinnie/Pittman can get into the box plenty from midfield. Bradley and hopefully Nouble in wide attack. Penrice and Devlin bombing forward could keep the dangerous Armstrong and McKenzie spending more time defending than attacking. I'd like to see a high defensive line as I'm not too concerned about Killie breaking on us. Vassell looks to have a bit of creative spark to him but he's not especially fast. Playing a high line limits Doidge's effectiveness too. My guess is Sean Kelly will be picked as midfield anchor just to stand in front of Doidge so Killie can't use him as a target so easily. Set pieces both attacking and defensive could prove crucial.

4 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

He always looks dangerous. He makes intelligent runs. Maybe not a clinical finisher, though.

He's excellent at lots of things and is one of the first names on the team sheet. Being dangerous and scoring goals is not his bag!

Spoiler

Rory screamer for the winner today