Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

Airdrie were deservedly 3-0 up. We had been shocking up to that point.

What was Smith doing though, 3-0 up mentality should be “don’t do anything stupid” and he threw his team under the bus. An attacker getting sent off shouldn’t cause your defence to implode like that.

Credit to Pars players. The mentality to win that and keep driving on. That was fantastic in the away end. The scenes were mad.

Also, get it right up Gavin Duncan. Still no idea why he disallowed Wighton’s goal, or didn’t give the Airdrie keeper his second yellow for a handball outside the box.

McCabe’s Airdrie bottle-merchants once again? Surely not? No chance that team is winning a play-off. Completely crumble in any sort of pressure situation. 

Dreadful game management (again) and substitutions (again). Embarrassing to try and see out the game with literally no proper centre forward. What on earth was the game plan there? Punt up long balls to waif-thin McGregor that he was never going to win? Ridiculous and meant we had no presence in their half at all. Didn’t mind Devenny coming on but Stanway should have been on too. It looked like he was meant to so clearly there was also confusion there as @Mr November alluded to. Big Byrd on before Watson was a bold call. 

Trying to take a step back and look at what happened there. If I was an Airdrie fan, I’d seriously question the manager. We scored a penalty to make it 3-1 with 30 mins left. The body language suggested Airdrie had lost all hope. Every Airdrie player’s head went down. There seemed to be no leadership on the park for Airdrie. Nobody picking players up, reminding them they were still 2 goals up. Obviously you completely imploded and conceded 3 more. How can a team have no leadership on the park, when their manager and assistant manager are on the park?

Edited by CallumPar

5 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

It’s happened to us more times than I care to remember. 

It did remind me of the games mentioned and many others have analysed better than me.

I thought that Rae had made a great save just after half time to stay two ahead and when McGill got the third I was overcome with optimism . I did say to my mate we'd need four!

Don't say I saw the penalty incident clearly, if at all but I now know it was a deliberate handball so justified red What a belter from Benedictus and our collapse followed on from Dunfermline just seizing every piece of open play. Quite what Rhys thought we'd achieve by just playing the same way , is a regular reality. Fair play to the vast majority of Pars fans for sticking around when three behind and as the second went in I just knew it would be memories of Edinburgh whatever, Raith all those years ago, and one infamous night against Peterhead, collapsing from a  winning position .

That's my take on the game and my takeaway curry did help to ease the depression.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Airdrie were deservedly 3-0 up. We had been shocking up to that point.

What was Smith doing though, 3-0 up mentality should be “don’t do anything stupid” and he threw his team under the bus. An attacker getting sent off shouldn’t cause your defence to implode like that.

Credit to Pars players. The mentality to win that and keep driving on. That was fantastic in the away end. The scenes were mad.

Also, get it right up Gavin Duncan. Still no idea why he disallowed Wighton’s goal, or didn’t give the Airdrie keeper his second yellow for a handball outside the box.

It looked like a push by Wighton on Fordyce but agree Rae should have gone as he did slide out the box.

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Missed out Tommy robinson. 1/10. Must do better

Forgot about that c**t. He'll still be greeting that he's lost his house, weans, wife and dug from his racism that I doubt he will be following one of his teams getting a pumping.

Showed what we are all about in that first half. Dunfermline started well but then we started to press the backline forcing the errors and getting hold of the midfield.  Got the goals and didn't look in any danger. Come out get the third and Dunfermline where done...tails firmly between their legs and drum muted.

They get the penalty and Smithy off.. I just felt the shades of Edinburgh coming over us. Credit to Dunfermline they knew we where panicking and where relentless.. That's what champions do. Disappointing at our collapse today. Need to put it behind us though and produce more of the same stuff as before the penalty as not one team in this league can handle that. Literally beat ourselves today...🫣

Go again next week ♦️

Can’t bring myself to read the thread, so apologies for anything already covered. 

One to live long in the memory of Pars fans present (except the mini bus loyal who left at 3 nil 😂). Think it might be a key result in a title winning season.

bizarrely I’m not too disheartened. Dunfermline should be beating us. Budgets and quality of player should ensure that.

We’ve got McGill, McCabe, Dycey and Smith, each of whom didn’t really make the cut with you. 

up until the penalty we were great. Not sure why your first was chopped off. Not sure how Rae stayed on the pitch after being deemed to handle out of the area (I thought he was inside). 

After the penalty….. we just don’t seem to be able to play with 10 men. Manager has to look at that but given squad depth and budget I’m still happy with him over all. We can be incredible with 11 player at times! 

Not expecting to pick up anything at EEP next week but after today, who would predict anything.

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Ooooft. Bottle crashing.

3 hours ago, MightBeMaia said:

They're definitely not worried though

Howling.

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

It’s happened to us more times than I care to remember. 

You papped us out the Scottish Cup c.2006 with the same score line, don’t think we were 3-0 but certainly 2 at one point. Pretty sure it was a Norrie anniversary too and a group of Airdrie fans were giving it all the hissing noises and chants, so for that reason it makes today so much fucking funnier.