Airdrieonians vs Dunfermline

Also, can I just add - aside from the handball incident, that was the best goalkeeping performance I’ve seen all season. Josh Rae was excellent, which is probably a big factor in us being so frustrated that he could/should have been sent off. Off the top of my head, saves from McCann, Mochrie and Wighton (from point blank range) were fantastic.

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Also, can I just add - aside from the handball incident, that was the best goalkeeping performance I’ve seen all season. Josh Rae was excellent, which is probably a big factor in us being so frustrated that he could/should have been sent off. Off the top of my head, saves from McCann, Mochrie and Wighton (from point blank range) were fantastic.

He was a cert for Airdrie's man of the match, McGills goals were great but for a keeper at this level to be pulling off that many outstanding saves was just a joke!

I haven't read the thread so don't know what's been said, but was the penalty as dubious as it looked on the highlights? Looked like Smith landed on his arse and the ball hit him with him knowing little about it. No doubt that the incident completely changed the game.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I haven't read the thread so don't know what's been said, but was the penalty as dubious as it looked on the highlights? Looked like Smith landed on his arse and the ball hit him with him knowing little about it. No doubt that the incident completely changed the game.

Here We Go Again GIF

1 hour ago, 101 said:

He was a cert for Airdrie's man of the match, McGills goals were great but for a keeper at this level to be pulling off that many outstanding saves was just a joke!

I did think at 3-0 that Dunfermline really missed out not playing us in December when Dean Lyness was chucking one in every second game. Fortunately for you lot the rest of the team decided to make up for it.

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Smith will be suspended, so expecting a 5/6-0 home win. No, in all seriousness I’d expect a close game again. Hopefully we can get the first goal this time. It seems like Airdrie struggle in games once they’ve conceded a goal.

We’ve only won one game all season in which the opposition has scored so if you manage a goal you’ll get at least a draw. 

We’ve not lost a home game all season. I’m confident that stat will remain after Saturday. We just have a knack of grinding out results. 

Otoo to start for me. Think Comrie should be used as a wing back. MacDonald has been off it recently. 

Going to be interesting this one. We have shown we are more than capable of putting a few past Dunfermline who where completely rattled when we got going. However seeing yet another collapse when we go down to 10 men is concerning.  Strong belief McPake is going to Motherwell with appointment expected this week. So that would be interesting how that would effect The Pars. And we will definitely miss Smithy but still have McGregor who can definitely do a job and I've heard that LJ might be back to us this week from a St Mirren fan which would be a boost. Expecting a reaction from our guys and an Airdrie win. (As long as we keep 11 men on the park) ♦️

21 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

Going to be interesting this one. We have shown we are more than capable of putting a few past Dunfermline who where completely rattled when we got going. However seeing yet another collapse when we go down to 10 men is concerning.  Strong belief McPake is going to Motherwell with appointment expected this week. So that would be interesting how that would effect The Pars. And we will definitely miss Smithy but still have McGregor who can definitely do a job and I've heard that LJ might be back to us this week from a St Mirren fan which would be a boost. Expecting a reaction from our guys and an Airdrie win. (As long as we keep 11 men on the park) ♦️

Behave yoursel!

1 hour ago, DiamondT said:

That's a load of ifs and buts. No chance we will give you 3 goals again regardless of what happens over the next week.

1 hour ago, DiamondT said:

Your beliefs & expectations are a wee bit far-fetched to put it mildly, simmer doon

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Reckon Dunfermline will stroll this one, what happened on Saturday may be a huge mental block for Airdrie.

It certainly didn't help my mental health but as football's a funny old game, I'm going to predict a draw. Clearly I have no idea how we will recover but hope springs eternal.