Motherwell vs Hearts: Fir Park 2023-02-19 12:00

16 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

You can tell the boys that have been silently seething at Hearts,  counting the days for their pile on at the first real opportunity. :lol:

The first real opportunity was when Kilmarnock knocked you out of the League Cup, although maybe the 2-2 home draw with Crawley Town in a friendly edges that.

Then there was the 1-0 home defeat from Zurich. 1-0 loss away to Livingston. 4-0 scudding from Istanbul. Another 4-0 home defeat, this time from Rangers. 5-1 at Fiorentina. 2-0 at Pittodrie, and we're not even into November...

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The first real opportunity was when Kilmarnock knocked you out of the League Cup, although maybe the 2-2 home draw with Crawley Town in a friendly edges that.

Then there was the 1-0 home defeat from Zurich. 1-0 loss away to Livingston. 4-0 scudding from Istanbul. Another 4-0 home defeat, this time from Rangers. 5-1 at Fiorentina. 2-0 at Pittodrie, and we're not even into November...

You win the prize.

I thought it would have went to a Hibby myself. :lol:

Just now, Mr. X said:

You win the prize.

I thought it would have went to a Hibby myself. :lol:

If the prize is all Hearts fans and their hubris f****** off for a few months, I'll happily accept it...

23 hours ago, Al B said:

giphy.gif

I didn't realise that Motherwell had managed it too. What's more impressive is that you were best of the diddies 3 years on the bounce which is something we've not achieved since the 1950s I think. Maybe you should build a Stuart McCall statue, he gave you the play-off victory in year 4 as well.

29 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I didn't realise that Motherwell had managed it too. What's more impressive is that you were best of the diddies 3 years on the bounce which is something we've not achieved since the 1950s I think. Maybe you should build a Stuart McCall statue, he gave you the play-off victory in year 4 as well.

If by that you mean he managed the Rangers side that we absolutely battered, then yeah....technically he did give us it.

Whilst you guys are all arguing amongst yourselves, we're actually the best non-OF club there is. There literally isn't a club other than Celtic who can clean sweep us across the board, and no other non-city club that's even in the discussion. Taking everything into account and going by your sample size then in the last 30 years:

Finished 2nd four times.

Finished 3rd three times.

One of only 3 non-OF clubs to hit 70 points.

Top 6 fifteen times.

Champions League once.

Europa League five times.

Europa Conference League once.

UEFA Cup three times.

Cup Winners Cup once.

Scottish Cup winners once.

Top League Scorer twice.

One of only three clubs to not be relegated.

One of only four clubs (inc Old Firm) to play in Champions League.

One of only four clubs to play in all five European competitions.

One of only four clubs to split the Old Firm which we've done twice.

Came within 5 points of winning the league.

Aberdeen have also never been relegated, have four 2nd place finishes and have split the OF, but they have never played in the Champions League.

Hearts have played in the Champions League and all five European Competitions, have split the Old Firm but only have two 2nd place finishes, and have been Relegated twice.

Hibs have split the old firm but have never finished 2nd, have never played in the Champions League and have been relegated twice.

Rangers, well....that could be debated in a hundred aspects til the cows come home.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen can pipe doon *patronising head pat*.

Edited by Al B

47 minutes ago, Al B said:

If by that you mean he managed the Rangers side that we absolutely battered, then yeah....technically he did give us it.

That's what I meant.

You need 3 Scottish cup wins and 3 participations (1 to go) in Euro group stages in 30 years to be considered big time. I don't make the rules. Well I did but it's just common sense. 

Edited by Falcor Roar

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

That's what I meant.

You need 3 Scottish cup wins and 3 participations (1 to go) in Euro group stages in 30 years to be considered big time. I don't make the rules. Well I did but it's just common sense. 

What does it mean for a team's size when they've won 0 cups in 10+ years and have been relegated twice in that time period?

55 minutes ago, Al B said:

Whilst you guys are all arguing amongst yourselves, we're actually the best non-OF club there is. There literally isn't a club other than Celtic who can clean sweep us across the board, and no other non-city club that's even in the discussion. Taking everything into account and going by your sample size then in the last 30 years:

Finished 2nd four times.

Top 6 fifteen times.

Champions League once.

UEFA Cup three times.

Cup Winners Cup once.

Top League Scorer twice.

Aberdeen have also never been relegated, have four 2nd place finishes and have split the OF, but they have never played in the Champions League.

Hearts have played in the Champions League and all five European Competitions, have split the Old Firm but only have two 2nd place finishes, and have been Relegated twice.

Hibs have split the old firm but have never finished 2nd, have never played in the Champions League and have been relegated twice.

Rangers, well....that could be debated in a hundred aspects til the cows come home.

tl;dr - Misc - quickmeme

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What does it mean for a team's size when they've won 0 cups in 10+ years and have been relegated twice in that time period?

It means they're absolutely massive mate. Are going to take the league flag in a couple of seasons and they have the next Alex Ferguson in the making.

5 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

It means they're absolutely massive mate. Are going to take the league flag in a couple of seasons and they have the next Alex Ferguson in the making.

You mean Neilson going to the Dons?

22 hours ago, Al B said:

Finished 2nd four times.

Top 6 fifteen times.

Champions League once.

UEFA Cup three times.

Cup Winners Cup once.

Top League Scorer twice.

Would trade it all for another Scottish Cup