Motherwell vs Hearts: Fir Park 2023-02-19 12:00

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

The sign of a good side is when you lose unexpectedly and posters from every other side get very carried away. 

The sign of an average side that thinks it's much better than it actually is are fans from every other club ripping the utter pish out of your club when reality bites.

7 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I'll save you the bother, we'll finish 3rd by a significant margin because we're a step above the rest yet again. Losing a game away to Motherwell isn't the end of the world, it can happen to anyone (except Celtic) this season.

If I could really be arsed, I’d bookmark this to trot out when you don’t finish significantly above anyone. Probably will finish third, not arguing against that possibility.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

Staring at the clock from 46 minutes on took the edge off it for me.  0-0 to 80 minutes then a late winner makes for a more relaxed day out.

Give me the 2 goal lead so I can enjoy the game. I don't want to be sitting on the edge of my seat worrying about a mistake. A nice cushion, get the songs going and get stuck into the opposition.

It seems genuinely bizarre than Raith Rovers and Hammell's sacking was only 8 days ago. What we've seen on Wednesday and today is what we should always be like at Fir Park - fucking horrible to play against and it's great to actually be having fun at a game again as this season has been mostly horrendous and even fairly optimistic folk have been worn down.

First 10 mins had all the hallmarks of a Hearts stroll but as they maybe got a bit overconfident and started making some pretty basic mistakes, we starting coming in to it and the energy levels went right up. Once we started playing the game at our tempo instead of Hearts I think it was as comfortable as win as we're going to get against a better resourced team.

I've slagged the midfield endlessly this season - but the mix of Goss, Spittal and Deano was magic again today, especially as they were up against one of the better midfields in the league. Throughout the whole team, the number of tackles we won today was ridiculous and Hearts didn't fancy getting into a physical game at all.

Obika and Van Veen had great games leading the line - and I thought young Furlong deserves a heap of praise and was up with Cornelius and Spittal as MOTM for me.

Taking 6 points out of our relegation rivals in space of a few days will be a bit of a kick in the baws for them and we're as well placed as we could be for the 6 pointers against Killie and County next.

Fair play to Motherwell, thoroughly deserved. A wee kick up the arse for Hearts.

No point getting carried away, we've been on an excellent trajectory since the World Cup, and we're always going to lose sometimes. That's our first defeat to a non-OF side in four months.

Back on the horse next week.

Edited by VincentGuerin

30 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not quite sure why I’m quoted. 😄

10 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I quite like how Humphrys and Kuol seem to understand each other on the pitch. I think they will combine for a goal today.

Hearts were absolutely shite, certainly in part down to Motherwell playing well but our passing, movement and effort levels were all dreadful for the majority of the game.

Getting sick of watching us play with no midfield to fit in an extra centre half, especially when the defence continues to ship awful goals nearly every week.

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Well, aye. I got that wrong about combining for a goal today, right enough. Not exactly an outlandish prediction though, as they seem to work well together and have a wee understanding. Maybe the next game. I’ll be sure to look for your reply if I do post though. 😄

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair play to Motherwell, thoroughly deserved. A wee kick up the arse for Hearts.

No point getting carried away, we've been on an excellent trajectory since the World Cup, and we're always going to lose sometimes. That's our first defeat to a non-OF side in four months.

Back on the horse next week.

It wasn’t THAT bad was it mate!?