Livi v The Rangers

Couldn't see another thread for this one so here goes.

After our abysmal display against Caley, I cannot see us taking anything from this game at all.

However, hopefully the Caley result was a one off as we are usually pretty good at home.

If we play like we did on Saturday, I can see us leaking a few here, but hopefully keep the scoreline respectable.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:
Livingston F.C. v Rangers F.C.
cinch Premiership
 18/02/2023  3:00pm  Tony Macaroni Arena
Referee: David Dickinson
AR1 Drew Kirkland
AR2 John McCrossan
Fourth Official Colin Steven
VAR Andrew Dallas
AVAR David McGeachie

Its VAR that worries me

Doubt very much if VAR will do the Lions any favours here.Just want to get this one out of the way.Rangers generally don't like coming here, but I really can't see us taking anything from this.But I've been wrong before.Would be extatic to be proved wrong. Mon the Lions.🙏🤞🦁.

Opening game of the season was a right struggle with Nouble having a bit of a field day. Managed to pull it back and take the points but it's this kind of fixture I can see us slipping up in if we continue to let teams take the lead against us.

I don't think Nouble will play left. Probably a more defensively capable choice will be made there due to Tavernier's attacking threat. That means Nouble central and certainly if Anderson is unavailable. My guess is a 4-2-3-1 with Stephen Kelly back on the left. Bradley on the right and Pittman central. Probably Sean Kelly will play alongside one of Omeonga or Holt at defensive mid.

A back 5 is possible. The advantage there would be having Obileye in the middle of the 3 centre backs, where he could look to shackle Morelos. We'd then have a narrow midfield 4, Stephen Kelly left and Bradley right, Pittman and another centrally. This would be a much more defensive set up.

The Caley performance will have no bearing on this game, we generally play well against Sevco, esp at home, though more often than not we still get beat. Nouble has scored early in both fixtures so far, unlucky not to hold on for the win at Ibrox, going down to 10 men and having Guthrie limping about into injury time with us using up all our subs didn't help right enough.

Anyway, expect our usual set up against them, playing narrow, forcing their wide player to put balls into our box from the wings, and having plenty defenders in the box to deal with it. They couldn't cope with Nouble in the first game and took turns fouling him and getting booked, hopefully they wont have figured out a way to deal with him.

I've got a feeling we'll take something here, but then again i thought we'd beat Caley. 1-0 Livi, would be good if Stephen Kelly got the goal against his old club.

11 hours ago, JD and associates said:

The referee tomorrow is David Dickinson. A lifelong Church of Scotland goer and a man very well respected in the Freemason community. We have no chance with this ref.

1-0 rangers, Livi to end the game with 10 men and 12 mins added time at 0-0. 

I’ve often wondered what link or relevance Freemasonry has with Rangers fans. Is it simply because they have a lodge as well and folk confuse it with the Orange Order?

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve often wondered what link or relevance Freemasonry has with Rangers fans. Is it simply because they have a lodge as well and folk confuse it with the Orange Order?

To my knowledge there is absolutely no connection between free-masonry and the Orange order. Some individuals could conceivably be members of both but that doesn't mean its exclusive.

I'm a member of the Caravan Club; that doesn't mean that every member of the Caravan club are Livi Supporters (would they were).

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

To my knowledge there is absolutely no connection between free-masonry and the Orange order. Some individuals could conceivably be members of both but that doesn't mean its exclusive.

I'm a member of the Caravan Club; that doesn't mean that every member of the Caravan club are Livi Supporters (would they were).

Yep, I know there isn’t any connection, I was just wondering where the Freemason/Rangers link comes from and was theorising that maybe folk confused the two.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep, I know there isn’t any connection, I was just wondering where the Freemason/Rangers link comes from and was theorising that maybe folk confused the two.

Yes - no doubt the use of the word Lodge causes confusion but plenty of organisations have a lodge

13 hours ago, JD and associates said:

The referee tomorrow is David Dickinson. A lifelong Church of Scotland goer and a man very well respected in the Freemason community. We have no chance with this ref.

1-0 rangers, Livi to end the game with 10 men and 12 mins added time at 0-0. 

Big question is will Livvy’s Bargain Hunt 11 win or is Beale actually the Real Deal ?