Big game for Annan

Annan were comfortable and cruising to three points until half time.  Second half different story and Stirling made use of all their subs count. 

Re Blair Curries sending off. Looked a blatant handball to me but that was seeing it from the clubhouse end. Will be interesting to see it on highlights. 

Thought ref played a great advantage after Tommy Goss nearly got shirt pulled off him to let play continue and Annan score.

Would say that Stirling were worth a draw although Annan hit post and bar twice. Just one of those days and hopefully the loss of two points won't cost us at end of season .

Special mention to the bus driver/ darts player who come on as the goalie after sending off. Obviously played before but maybe when he was a bit fitter?

7 hours ago, marco44 said:

Didn’t see him receive any treatment for his burst mouth. 

That’s because he was sent off, he has to leave the pitch and go to the changing room, so unless you were on there you wouldn’t have seen him being treated 👍🏻

Having watched the incident in the highlights the ball clearly strikes Blair in the face. That said Blair's hands are not up to protect his face, they are up to prevent any attempt at a lob. If the ball hits his hands he's justifiably off  It didn't hit his hands though, but the ref doesn't have a TV replay to make a judgement on.  

The wrong decision, but Blair's intent to stop a lob with his hands contributes to that wrong decision.

Well. we can debate the sending off till the cows come home, but two cracking strikes to come back from being two goals and a man down shouldn't get lost in that.  Neither should Darren's don't give up personnel shuffle. He went for it and the team delivered. He's the man.

For what it's worth, and I've watched it back a hell of a lot of times, I think it hits the underside of his bicep near his armpit and then deflects onto his face. It's a really hard one for the ref though. With one look it's incredibly tough to tell, and Currie having his arms in such a risky position probably doesn't help his case. It makes it look more clearcut than it is in reality. When I first watched it in real time I thought it was a stick on red, and it's only in the slow-mo that I started to question it and doubt myself!

Two belting goals mind you. Made me sick watching those highlights! Kieran Moore's is an absolutely superb strike.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

For what it's worth, and I've watched it back a hell of a lot of times, I think it hits the underside of his bicep near his armpit and then deflects onto his face. It's a really hard one for the ref though. With one look it's incredibly tough to tell, and Currie having his arms in such a risky position probably doesn't help his case. It makes it look more clearcut than it is in reality. When I first watched it in real time I thought it was a stick on red, and it's only in the slow-mo that I started to question it and doubt myself!

Two belting goals mind you. Made me sick watching those highlights! Kieran Moore's is an absolutely superb strike.

We're both kind of stuck with hoping another club we've nothing against falters.  It's a bit sad, but with so much at stake inevitable.  For both clubs it still comes down to getting our own results right first though.  Both clubs are well on the way to either a play off spot or the championship. Not too shabby for either of us . I'm enjoying it despite the nervy shit and I hope you are too Jan.

Very hard to tell if it touched his arm but the way his right arm moves across to where the ball hits definitely looks suspicious and I can understand why the ref sent him off. 

Fantastic comeback given the circumstances but I still don’t think there’s much between a lot of the teams in this league. Another very tough away fixture at Forfar looming. Dumbarton at home to an Elgin side who are also playing in midweek. Despite not going great guns of late, I think Dumbarton continue their excellent home form and squeak another 3 points. 

Things would be tastier if I disliked Dumbarton but I’ve always quite liked them despite the heartbreaking last game of the season in 1995 — the only time I’ve cried after a football match in my life. 

32 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Very hard to tell if it touched his arm but the way his right arm moves across to where the ball hits definitely looks suspicious and I can understand why the ref sent him off. 

Things would be tastier if I disliked Dumbarton but I’ve always quite liked them despite the heartbreaking last game of the season in 1995 — the only time I’ve cried after a football match in my life. 

Ditto. The only unforgiveable thing about 1995 was our own wretched performance.

On 20/02/2023 at 13:38, Jan Vojáček said:

This basically. It's really hard to be definitive, and the referee probably had a better actual view of it than the camera. At a glance it looks a dead cert handball and frankly I'm not swallowing that Currie's got his arms up there for any other reason than to stop the ball. If he missed it with his arms it's because he didn't react quickly enough, not because he didn't try to handle it.

I've watched it a few times now and, like Jan, I think it strikes his right underarm first on the way to his face and if it did the referee's got it spot on. Only Blair Currie will know for sure (if even he does, it may have struck his arm so close to his face that he's not even aware of it) and I wouldn't take his indignant protests in the moment as a certain indicator of anything.