Airdrie Vs The Bairns

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

By the letter of the law (unless it's been changed) McCabe should have been sent off whether Kennedy went down or not. I think the embarrassment should really lie at your manager's door, not ours.

Good lord..maybe an idea to read the laws before describing the letter of them. 

Thats never ever a red card and Kennedy's reaction IS embarrassing.

6 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Also that Falkirk tv commentator gives the rangers tv one a run for his money in being the worst commentator in the country, what a hard listen he is🤣

This. His constant harping about offside on what looks pretty clearly to be a superbly timed run combined with a step up from Donaldson that's half a second late makes him look hilariously stupid. 

The making out of a simple push away to be GBH too. 😂

Everyone's biased about there own team, but I don't see how anyone can say with a degree of certainty that the Airdrie player is definitely offside from that camera angle, if we had VAR then he might be off by a toe, a knee etc. But from that angle he just looks pretty level. 

By the letter of what law would McCabe be sent off? 

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Everyone's biased about there own team, but I don't see how anyone can say with a degree of certainty that the Airdrie player is definitely offside from that camera angle, if we had VAR then he might be off by a toe, a knee etc. But from that angle he just looks pretty level. 

By the letter of what law would McCabe be sent off? 

Would not described it as a hit or a punch but he does lift his hand and push the guy in the face, Kennedy then makes a meal of it. Not sure what the rules are exactly but I have seen sending offs for this, particularly watching European football where it seems there doesn’t need to be much contact at all for a ref to act. At best it was silly from McCabe and as the manager he should know better. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Good lord..maybe an idea to read the laws before describing the letter of them. 

Thats never ever a red card and Kennedy's reaction IS embarrassing.

Yea, that's why I said 'unless it's been changed'.

I'm pretty sure that raising your hands and making contact with an opponents face was outlawed and resulted in a red card at one stage. It may well have been an instruction to referees at the time to try to stamp that kind of thing out? At what point would it be deemed a red card?

24 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Would not described it as a hit or a punch but he does lift his hand and push the guy in the face, Kennedy then makes a meal of it. Not sure what the rules are exactly but I have seen sending offs for this, particularly watching European football where it seems there doesn’t need to be much contact for a ref to act. At best it was silly from McCabe and as the manager he should know better. 

Watching the Chelsea game there they just had a red card rescinded for what looked like a far more severe contact. I don't see how by any letter of any law it's a red, especially when a ref has just looked at that incident with multiple angles etc and decided it's no. 

It's a yellow for McCabe, and a "Mon tae f**k" for Kennedy IMO. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

At what point would it be deemed a red card?

It could be considered to be a red card if he actually struck him to the face. Which he didn't. Highlights just show him making an absolute tit of himself after getting shoved away. He's been watching too much of Morelos.

24 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It could be considered to be a red card if he actually struck him to the face. Which he didn't. Highlights just show him making an absolute tit of himself after getting shoved away. He's been watching too much of Morelos.

Aye, in the face. So does it have to be a clenched fist? poke in the eye?

13 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

image.thumb.png.753778b358268e70b8828ab180bd7270.png

Clear offside for the Airdrie goal.

It looks it due to the space between Donaldson and Gallagher, makes it look like Gallagher's well offside. It wouldn't look so clear cut if looking along the line though.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

See the 2002 patter post from a couple of pages back. You're recycling 'banter' from wind chime Jimmy. That isn't a compliment 

Still called Clydebank Diamond I see,  thought you might  have changed that,  but your loyal.

Bad result for you today btw.

Enjoy your night in the ludge.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. His constant harping about offside on what looks pretty clearly to be a superbly timed run combined with a step up from Donaldson that's half a second late makes him look hilariously stupid. 

The making out of a simple push away to be GBH too. 😂

Fans of other clubs coming onto match threads to be complain about commentary by a Falkirk fan, for Falkirk fans. Lewis Connolly, you are doing something right 💙

Definitely offside btw.