Livi v Hibs

58 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

And the hertz shite about 10 men.  We cruised the game after the first 15.  

Simply the better team.  Our midfield and CJ in particular, some turnaround.

Dunno why Livi fans are so upset.   In fact I do, look at your own teams deficiencies before everyone else's. 

GGTTH. 

Will be funny to see Livi in the bottom six again. BBF9198E-6D77-4ACC-85BE-7FF9ACD29277.png.33c4784dd49a10711583b52475b0886e.png

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Wonder if Martindale is happy for Devlin to move on. He looks like he is being targeted quite frequently this season.

His speed and reactions seemed to be far worse this season than last. he pushes up but cant gt back in time.

with Montano pushing up on the right back; both of the full backs were getting pulled out on to the wing leaving a load of space in the middle. Might have had a chance of getting away with it but Sean Kelly was missing (injured?).

Weird game of football. Even though we lost 4-1, I'm actually not too disappointed. Hibs have sorted their shit out, and look a decent outfit again. Youan is up there with the best non-OF players in the league at the moment, him & Boyle next season could be a solid front line.

Didn't think we looked too bad. We were the better team up until the equaliser, and then mentality issues seemed to kick in. Fitz sitting off for the 2nd was criminal, but I'm blaming Devlin for both of them. He's had a shite season, the sooner Brandon is fit and fighting him for the spot, the better.

Shamal had his weakest game in a Livi shirt as well. Flapped at a couple of crosses, dreadful distribution, and even though there was a deflection he should still be doing better for the 3rd.

Other than that, there were some real positives. Anderson and Omeonga had a great press. Nouble was causing all sorts of problems in the first half. Holt showed us exactly why we missed him in the centre of the park.

Sending off was harsh, whoever it was that 2-footed Obileye should have walked, and I'm surprised the 4th wasn't ruled out for a foul on the keeper(although I haven't seen it back yet, so all 3 of these opinions might be absolute shite). (EDIT: Wasn't 2 footed, but it was dangerous. One of those orange ones. And there wasn't a foul in the 4th, if anything Shamal clatters Nisbet)

United midweek now looks like an important game. Got to stop the rot, and with the way the heads went down after the equaliser then there's some work to be done.

Edited by thruthenight

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You genuine don't believe at 2-1 up the only reason we won was because Livi went down to 10?  

Not the only reason. At 1-0 I didn’t think we looked particularly solid defensively and expected Hibs to score but I think the chances were pretty even with 11 each and thought we could get back into it but 10 men 5mins into second half nips that in the bud.

Yesterday is probably as bad as I’ve seen Livi defensively for a long time. We were just pinging the ball over the top and getting through at will. Hoppe missed a total sitter just before the red card which was caused by the exact same ball.

28 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Yesterday is probably as bad as I’ve seen Livi defensively for a long time. We were just pinging the ball over the top and getting through at will. Hoppe missed a total sitter just before the red card which was caused by the exact same ball.

Yea, as you say, the over the top ball was catching us out time after time. Same with the Caley game. I think they only had these 3 shots or thereabouts but it was the same idea of a ball in behind. 

A bright point to yesterday was that De Lucas looked competent for the half a dozen kicks or so that he had 😅