Livi v Dundee Utd (Take Three)

So the third attempt to get this game played. Take three (points) is also what we seem to just be letting teams do to us at this point.

Win here and we can maybe think about getting a good run started for the run in to the split, lose and all hope is gone and we just need to survive. If Shamal is out, who knows if he actually has broke his thumb, then we could be in a lot of bother.

We have a horrendous record at Livi, our keepers are pish, our defenders are flogging goals every game and we can’t score, any chance of this game getting called off. 

Edwards has to be dropped for me and the keeper also so

Newman

Ayina Mulgrew McMann

Freeman Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath

Anaku Fletcher 

Two teams with players devoid of confidence, who's arses collapse whenever they concede a goal, here's hoping we score first and Utd collapse, but could easily be the other way around.

A win could turn everything around for us though, giving the players a boost and getting us back into the top 6, think our whole season is dependent on whether we win this or not. Fitzwater suspended, Ayo, Omeonga and Shamal injured, we could do with lady luck/VAR doing us a turn for once.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

We have a horrendous record at Livi, our keepers are pish, our defenders are flogging goals every game and we can’t score, any chance of this game getting called off. 

Edwards has to be dropped for me and the keeper also so

Newman

Ayina Mulgrew McMann

Freeman Harkes Sibbald Behich

McGrath

Anaku Fletcher 

This is the team I'd go with till the end of season. Mix up between Harkes Levitt and McGrath in the same positions

United the only team below us in the form table. For a bit of context though the defeats in our last 6 games were to Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, and Hibs. The Hibs one is probably the only really big disappointment due to the nature of it, but both them and Aberdeen have looked much better of late. Not buying into this narrative that we've just collapsed and are handing out points to everyone. 

This game however is massive, lose this and I'll quickly start to disagree with what I've just said; problem being it looks like we'll be scrapping together defenders from the stands. Really hoping Shamal's broken thumb magically heals before this but looking like Jack Hamilton will get his chance to redeem himself. 

Hamilton

Devlin  -  Boyes  -  de Lucas  -  Penrice

Sean Kelly  -  Pittman  -  Holt

Nouble  -  Anderson  -  Stephen Kelly

Edited by LiviLion

If Shamal has a broken thumb then he's probably out for about a month. That leaves us with Jack Hamilton so surely we should be able to get an emergency loan in....would be interesting if we managed to get Benjamin Seigrist from Celtic and he lined up against United but I fear Robbie McCrorie could be making a comeback

56 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We are going to lose every game, forever 

You’re far too optimistic. 

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yellow warning for snow and ice over the next couple of days

Livi - P : United - P

Would snap your hand off if you offered me this right now. How often does it need to get called off before we get awarded it? 

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Even without the forecast, shouldn't the teams make an attempt to reschedule this match for Saturday?

Would make sense...chance at higher temps and a bigger crowd

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yellow warning for snow and ice over the next couple of days

Livi - P : United - P

No snow for West Lothian forecast, unless that changes, but the temperature is meant to get to around -2 and feel like -6. 

No reason why it cant be re-scheduled for this Saturday, if there is a postponement on Wednesday night. 

Big game for us. Shamal being out would be a massive shiter. 

Hamilton

Devlin   Boyes   De Lucas   Montano

Holt   Sean Kelly  Stephen Kelly

Bradley   Anderson   Nouble

Need to attack and get some goals back into the team. 

Is Obileye confirmed as out?

Martindale was asked about De Lucas after Saturday's match and he emphasised that De Lucas is still in an "adaptation" phase. He also made the point that Hibs were playing well within themselves for the time De Lucas was on so it wasn't that informative on the player's readiness. That made me think Martindale is expecting Obileye to partner Boyes for this match. Obileye would be ideal against Fletcher as he deals with "target man" opponents well.

7 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Is Obileye confirmed as out?

Martindale was asked about De Lucas after Saturday's match and he emphasised that De Lucas is still in an "adaptation" phase. He also made the point that Hibs were playing well within themselves for the time De Lucas was on so it wasn't that informative on the player's readiness. That made me think Martindale is expecting Obileye to partner Boyes for this match. Obileye would be ideal against Fletcher as he deals with "target man" opponents well.

Personally I didn't particularly notice Hibs "playing within themselves" for the last 15 minutes. Granted they'd brought on Egan-Riley for Miller but they had also just brought on Kevin Nisbet and were up against 9 men for the last 10 minutes.

I thought De Lucas did a very competent job shoring up the frailties of Devlin's persistent absenteeism. Trying to start the game with an injured central defender sounds like another disaster waiting to happen. Christ; we'd be better playing  Tom Parkes; leastways we'd have the benefit of giving another player a run out (even if he's on crutches).

If Martindale really doesn't have faith in De Lucas then he needs to come up with a plan B pretty urgently even if it means using Penrice in that role. However, going by recent form, he'll probably opt for Shinnie playing as a stand in full-back.

10 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

Big game for us. Shamal being out would be a massive shiter. 

Hamilton

Devlin   Boyes   De Lucas   Montano

Holt   Sean Kelly  Stephen Kelly

Bradley   Anderson   Nouble

Need to attack and get some goals back into the team. 

Quite an interesting line up. No Pittman but I see what you're aiming at.

Starting with Montano instead of Penrice is a bit of a gamble with such a rookie defence.