Sons vs Bviorn arseol

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There was a fair whack of heavy rain during the night last night where I work and there was a lot of big puddles on the roads and in the fields driving home this morning. I reckon we’ll need it to stay dry between now and kick off to have a chance. 

Yip weather was horrible through the night, I'll be amazed if a ref puts it on. 

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The state the pitch was in in the drone video, you really have to wonder when it would be playable again, even if the weather had been good.

That's my worry. It's not like we've had some freak weather over the past few days, it's been as wet as it normally is at this time of year. And I'd bet that every other senior game will be on today. Another call off would be as mortifying for the club as it will be infuriating for Faz and the players.

13 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

And I'd bet that every other senior game will be on today.

And probably many sides at a lower level than League 2, who are able to get their pitch in a decent state in similar weather conditions. The Vale of Leven one, for instance. Really puts us to shame.

Nothing to say that we've asked for an inspection, so if the game is called off today then it'll be the match ref when he arrives at the ground.

I know it's Albion Rovers and they don't have far to travel, but it looks terrible if the pitch is unplayable and we wait on the match official turning up to postpone it.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's my worry. It's not like we've had some freak weather over the past few days, it's been as wet as it normally is at this time of year. And I'd bet that every other senior game will be on today. Another call off would be as mortifying for the club as it will be infuriating for Faz and the players.

The bad situation is not confined to football matters.  How can you expect people to book hospitality with any confidence, and what of the caterer and the stadium vendors, not only is there the obvious lost income but they must be demented trying to juggle food stock at short notice.

This is of course a temporary situation but these temporary situations are getting more frequent and longer in duration.  And there are reasons for them happening - the weather has been bad but not exceptionally so.

I really hope there is only one home team on that pitch next season.

10 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I know the weather has been bad but get this groundsman so far to f**k. Him and the idiots that thought letting Rangers B use our park was a good idea. This shambles is going to cost us the league.

Absolutely. It’s a pretty disgraceful situation.