The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Falkirk 🔵⚪️

Just been fed the highlights of the 3-2 semi win v Bigot Bruvvers (Celtic) in 2015 on Facebook. Joyous memories.

Such has been the seismic shift towards dreary predictability in Scottish football, it's no wonder neither ICT nor Falkirk supporters are excited at the prospect of a probable doing at the hands of whichever Ugly gets to the final.

All the more reason to treat the semi as the final.

The glory years, when Rangers were a joke and Celtic were at their poorest in 20 years. Now it’s back to the way it was where if they don’t score at least 3 in every league game it’s seen as a shock.

2 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Just been fed the highlights of the 3-2 semi win v Bigot Bruvvers (Celtic) in 2015 on Facebook. Joyous memories.

Such has been the seismic shift towards dreary predictability in Scottish football, it's no wonder neither ICT nor Falkirk supporters are excited at the prospect of a probable doing at the hands of whichever Ugly gets to the final.

All the more reason to treat the semi as the final.

I honestly don’t think I’ll ever go to a game as good as that ever again. I remember thinking after Van Dijk scored the freekick that we were going to get a doing. I watch it back regularly and can’t get over how good it was. 

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I honestly don’t think I’ll ever go to a game as good as that ever again. I remember thinking after Van Dijk scored the freekick that we were going to get a doing. I watch it back regularly and can’t get over how good it was. 

Saw the highlights of your semi come up after I watched ours v hibs. Who the f**k was the guy that scored at the back post. looks about 50

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Saw the highlights of your semi come up after I watched ours v hibs. Who the f**k was the guy that scored at the back post. looks about 50

David Raven, our dependable right back for the best part of 6/7 years. Was one of those players that was always a 7/10.
Shows the type of football Yogi played that our left back crossed to our right back for the winner that day :lol:

Genuinely the best game I've ever attended supporting Caley.  Such a dramatic match, so many twists, and to win it the way we did is unparalleled.

Another thing to remember, is that we took a similar number of fans down as we will do for this game - about 3,000.  The total crowd was 28,000 meaning Celtic couldn't even muster half their average crowd for a game in their home city.  

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The glory years, when Rangers were a joke and Celtic were at their poorest in 20 years. Now it’s back to the way it was where if they don’t score at least 3 in every league game it’s seen as a shock.

TBF we can all easily compete with Rangers and Celtic if we want to. Just do as Leanne Crichton says and spend more money on better players. Simple(!)

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

TBF we can all easily compete with Rangers and Celtic if we want to. Just do as Leanne Crichton says and spend more money on better players. Simple(!)

And want it more.

Some shocking cheating in that match - James Forrest diving to get Warren booked, Scott Brown doing the same for the free kick at the second goal and, of course, Zaluska's vile assault on Eddie Ofere.  

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Some shocking cheating in that match - James Forrest diving to get Warren booked, Scott Brown doing the same for the free kick at the second goal and, of course, Zaluska's vile assault on Eddie Ofere.  

That ball from Ryan Christie for the eventual equaliser is beautiful.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Can never resist watching that when it pops, what a team we had back then 😍

Akin to when the final highlights pop up, I always watch them, not sure why I put myself through the heartbreak again and again. When we scored after the red, I was certain we had it in the bag.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

But of course only one controversial incident got the media buzzing. As I recall, OF (Celtic) did one of their 'Dae You Know Who We Ur?' letters to their SFA servants about the refereeing.

I was at the league game in Inverness years earlier where ICT came from 2-0 to beat OF (Celtic) 3-2. Aside from the occasion, I'd place that as the better game.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

What about all the Caley Thistle fans entering the pitch to pull Celtic players down in the box?