Rangers v Celtic - Scottish Cup Semi Final

AJF

• 2 weeks later...

I’m the first to admit that St Mirren were mince on Saturday, but Collum was his usual dreadful. Good luck with the latest instalment of the Willie Collum show. Let’s hope he doesn’t cause a full scale riot.

Edited by Kempes

Celtic to win in highly controversial circumstances would be the best out come. Gives you more rage from Beale and the fans, plus Follow Follow will be an excellent read. Also means you’ll get a full summer of rangers fans and players convincing themselves they’ll compete next season, only to be let down and be out of Europe by November and 10 points down in the league. 

It's so dirty wanting to root for either of these. The logic somersaults are hard to keep up with....

Rangers are a softer touch than Celtic, but realistically 99/100 both teams smoke us or ICT....

So then you think about the money, but that's the same in both cases. 

The away day? Well being around Rangers fans is the worst experience in Scottish football so you want to avoid that, but what about point 1? 

Also in direct conflict with point 1 is that since Celtic are winning almost all the trophies anyway, it's best to avoid Rangers getting any consolation that quells the heat of their fans perpetual rage...

Can both teams please be eliminated with Darvel placed into the final thanks to their managers heroic speeches?

My nervous system would completely disagree with me but I’d love a last minute controversial Celtic win, a Colum clusterfuck if you will. Just for the sheer Bealeshit and statements that would follow. 
It could actually distract and keep wee moley in a job for the foreseeable future. 

Seems like a long time ago that Rangers last got a result in this fixture, although looking at it it was only a year or so ago.

I watched the first half of the recent game that Celtic won 3-2 and I thought Rangers did pretty well.  I'm just rewatching the highlights and it seems more of an even game.  When did they ban away fans from this game?  Was there an incident?

Edited by ICTChris

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Seems like a long time ago that Rangers last got a result in this fixture, although looking at it it was only a year or so ago.

I watched the first half of the recent game that Celtic won 3-2 and I thought Rangers did pretty well.  I'm just rewatching the highlights and it seems more of an even game.  When did they ban away fans from this game?  Was there an incident?

No, just standard tit for tat pettiness that you expect from the utter children that populate both clubs from boardroom to terrace. 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Rangers reduced Celtics allocation to 800 fans, Celtic then followed suit. Due to safety concerns (fans & staff getting hit by objects thrown) there was a discussion to change things, in the hope of full away allocation being restored, Rangers didn’t want to return to this, hence why both sets of fans are being shut out. Absolute shambles. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Lawwell returned to celtic in January and went back to throwing his weight around, having no away fans gave them a huge edge in a must win game.

I'm sorry to break ranks but my understanding is we've always had a shite allocation at their bit and we took the huff when they were pumping us under Rodgers and reduced their tickets so they did the same understandably. 

22 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I'm sorry to break ranks but my understanding is we've always had a shite allocation at their bit and we took the huff when they were pumping us under Rodgers and reduced their tickets so they did the same understandably. 

Exactly this.

Just now, stressball said:

Exactly this.

There’s no denying it was Rangers doing to reduce the allocations but it was Celtic who decided there would be none at all after their “all or nothing” negotiations.

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

It may sound crazy but I'd probably go with Souttar and King if Goldson isn't back. I know we won't do that but Davies has been honking last few games. 

Yeah I doubt we’d go for it, throwing King into a game like that. Davies is more than capable and was pretty consistent for a long period fork when Beale first came in. Confidence looks absolutely shattered right now though.