Barcelona

5 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Aye the Holy Grail is why my father in law wants to go see it. I'm not religious in any way, shape or form, but love old churches and their artifacts. Looking forward to a wee day trip.

They've got bits of saints in glass boxes. I guarantee you'll never look at an Iberico ham getting carved in the same way again.

5 hours ago, Molotov said:

@Craig fae the Vale any gigs lined up while out there?

Enjoy! Looks great.

Was at Surfin Bichos - a Spanish alt rock band tonight. Bloody fantastic. Currently in a grunge/punk bar called Nevermind and I don't want to go home tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Was at Surfin Bichos - a Spanish alt rock band tonight. Bloody fantastic. Currently in a grunge/punk bar called Nevermind and I don't want to go home tomorrow. 

😂 

Brilliant. I kinda knew music would be on the agenda despite the sight seeing adventures with family. 

• 1 month later...
On 14/12/2023 at 13:01, ericsimpson said:

Is Barcelona a favorable destination for winter retreat? What are the typical minimum temperatures during those months? I've also been perusing WorldStrides reviews and am curious if anyone here has personal experiences to share with this travel provider. Your insights would be greatly appreciated!

I lived there for a couple of years and would say yes - aim for February if you can because at that point you're likely to get sunny, warmish weather. It's a year round city for tourists so shouldn't see a drop off in terms of things being open (certainly bars and restaurants, can't quite be sure for more touristy stuff).