Callum Davidson's Bus vs Yogi Hughes High Flying Dons

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He's averaging something like 6 league home wins a season or something pathetic like that. 

League only wise...

20/21 - 19 games, 5 wins, 9 goals

21/22 - 19 games, 5 wins, 15 goals

22/23 - 13 gqmes, 3 wins, 14 goals

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

So you're due two wins this season. Maybe.

We'll win 3 and be told its a sign we're progressing. 

Despite really enjoying Tannadice and the Hearts game - I found myself completely uninspired to even consider going to this match, despite the relative proximity of Perth.

The only matches that have been anything other than dreadful (from a good game of football perspective) in the past decade in this fixture were the Tynecastle LCSF and that bizarre 5-1 spanking at home (after the 8 wins start) - other than that it seems to be a series of 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1s that could get fitba stopped. 

Hoping Robson has addressed the away game fragility, but only sample size has been Parkheid and Tannadice. The latter ended well after a very dodgy first half.

Will predict a 1-1 draw to likely kill any notion of a challenge for 3rd, but keep things eexy peexy for top six and the QR2 Conference slots.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Despite really enjoying Tannadice and the Hearts game - I found myself completely uninspired to even consider going to this match, despite the relative proximity of Perth.

The only matches that have been anything other than dreadful (from a good game of football perspective) in the past decade in this fixture were the Tynecastle LCSF and that bizarre 5-1 spanking at home (after the 8 wins start) - other than that it seems to be a series of 1-0, 0-1 or 1-1s that could get fitba stopped. 

Hoping Robson has addressed the away game fragility, but only sample size has been Parkheid and Tannadice. The latter ended well after a very dodgy first half.

Will predict a 1-1 draw to likely kill any notion of a challenge for 3rd, but keep things eexy peexy for top six and the QR2 Conference slots.

I’m sure we won 4-3 or something there in 2016 and Adam Rooney scored possibly the worst solo run goal I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Top manager. My estimate was close though. 

Teams like St Johnstone cant expect to win more than 5 league games at home a season. 

Back in the 80s you were lucky if you saw 1.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sure we won 4-3 or something there in 2016 and Adam Rooney scored possibly the worst solo run goal I’ve ever seen. 

Cant remember that goal, but do remember him scoring an absolute screamer of a half volley in one game.

Fairly sure a dreadful 0-0 game ended up 1-0 due to it.

Was it not you lot that scored from your own half at McDiarmid in the typhoon game too? Ended Encklemans St Johnstone career.

Apparently Aberdeen have sold out the North Stand, and the away section of the Main Stand, and have sold out a block in the Ormond Stand too, so maybe 3k+ away fans?

Be interesting to see the home numbers.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant remember that goal, but do remember him scoring an absolute screamer of a half volley in one game.

Was it not you lot that scored from your own half at McDiarmid in the typhoon game too? Ended Encklemans St Johnstone career.

The screamer finished 1-1. You’d gone 1-0 up and it was an equaliser, I was there that night. 

From-memory, we were fairly lucky to get out with a point. 

And aye, that was the rat that scored that goal. Ironically, watched that in a pub in Ipswich. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye 1-1 on a Friday night, Simon Lappin had put us 1-0 up in the first half with a pretty decent volley too. Mannus wearing white shorts always stuck with me for some reason. 

13 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That's correct, I was at that game, Pawlett scored an excellent free kick and a young defender called McKenna made took his league bow for the club after coming on as a late second half substitute.

Cracking match.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

still can’t believe that game was allowed to go ahead. Was there not a weather warning that was basically “stay indoors unless absolutely necessary” and yet we played out a game in front of about 1500 people?

As far as today goes well obviously playing some variant of a 3-5-2. On that basis I’d go:

Matthews

Gordon Mitchell Considine

Wright Phillips MacPherson Montgomery

Wotherspoon

May Rudden

I have the horrible feeling we’ll get:

Matthews

Gordon Mitchell Considine

Brown Phillips MacPherson Montgomery

Carey Wotherspoon

May

May totally isolated and with minimal attacking threat coming from one of the two behind him or down the right. Just sitting back and hoping for the best. At this stage we need to be going for it, especially at home.

Apparently Aberdeen have sold out the North Stand, and the away section of the Main Stand, and have sold out a block in the Ormond Stand too, so maybe 3k+ away fans?

They'll definitely outnumber the home fans. The amount of people I know that can't get themselves up to go just now is horrendous. Totally scunnered with Davidsonball.

Scottish football NEEDS a strong Aberdeen.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They'll definitely outnumber the home fans. The amount of people I know that can't get themselves up to go just now is horrendous. Totally scunnered with Davidsonball.

First time in god knows how long I’ve felt so meh about a Saints game. Had assumed that by the time today rolled around I’d have shaken the cant be arsed feeling but nope. I’ll still go purely out of blind loyalty - maybe I’ll feel a bit differently once I get to McDiarmid.