Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - 1/4/23

14 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

I'll be happy being not very good enough to stay up 

Oh, I'm sure you will. You're better than Dundee Utd, Ross County and probably St Johnstone, based on seeing all three of you against us this season. Hard to break down, and all playing for each other - that's enough to stay up in this league.

Missed this yesterday - when I got back from the game I was doing hospitality at the town had a good buzz about it with a good number of Killie fans still around. Really pleased for David Watson who should be first name on the teamsheet every game until the end of the season. Despite the early setback when Dorsett had a total brainfart and allowed Shankland to score, it seems like we were able to steady the ship and create a number of chances. It's pleasing to see the amount of decent set-pieces that we had, but we've got to figure out a way to convert these. 

I see us taking nothing from the next two games (prove me wrong, kids, prove me wrong!) so with some good fortune we can hopefully be in this position going into St. Mirren away. Having the points cushion that we currently have is massive and if we can keep it the way it currently is then we're giving ourselves a really good chance of avoiding the bottom two places.

3 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Oh, I'm sure you will. You're better than Dundee Utd, Ross County and probably St Johnstone, based on seeing all three of you against us this season. Hard to break down, and all playing for each other - that's enough to stay up in this league.

Yesterday was probably the first we've shown that all season tbh. It's still going to be really tight I think 

7 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Yesterday was probably the first we've shown that all season tbh. It's still going to be really tight I think 

Agreed - usually we crumble at the first signs of pressure in the last 10-15 mins plus added time in the second half, but that was a really gritty win in the end. If the table stays the way it is right now we'll play County and Livi at home with United and Motherwell away. On current form County are beatable but it'll be tricky - same goes for Livi. As for the rest, very much depends on if we've decided that winning games away from home is something we can do. I have a good feeling about us right now but this will probably fluctuate from week to week.

41 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Agreed - usually we crumble at the first signs of pressure in the last 10-15 mins plus added time in the second half, but that was a really gritty win in the end. If the table stays the way it is right now we'll play County and Livi at home with United and Motherwell away. On current form County are beatable but it'll be tricky - same goes for Livi. As for the rest, very much depends on if we've decided that winning games away from home is something we can do. I have a good feeling about us right now but this will probably fluctuate from week to week.

See if we could just grind out a point at pittodrie or st mirren then that could make all the difference. We've had to write away games off all season but just one performance and point before the split could be massive. 

Surely to god we can't be that bad away from home all season 

1 hour ago, Squalor Vic said:

See if we could just grind out a point at pittodrie or st mirren then that could make all the difference. We've had to write away games off all season but just one performance and point before the split could be massive. 

Surely to god we can't be that bad away from home all season 

I do genuinely think that despite St. Mirren having very good form at home we've got a chance of beating them, especially if they've already got top six secured by that point. I have absolutely nothing scientific to back this up at all, just a gut feeling. If we can get a draw next weekend with our record at Pittodrie I'll be delighted.

On 01/04/2023 at 17:14, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm sure @VincentGuerinsaid that after the Jammy Tarts were out of Europe and had all their big stars back they were going to accelearte away from everyone from 4th downwards...

😀

Are you fucking twelve?

Got to be honest, didn't watch or even listen to this one. But was completely sure of what I was going to see when I went to check the score. I was quite correct.

On 02/04/2023 at 18:42, VincentGuerin said:

😀

Are you fucking twelve?

Got to be honest, didn't watch or even listen to this one. But was completely sure of what I was going to see when I went to check the score. I was quite correct.

You seem upset.