June fixtures

Merkie84

On 08/06/2023 at 17:59, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, I seem to have subscribed for £100 for the year on 7th June 2022. Of course it was Premier Sports then, not Viaplay

I've not received anything at all about my subscription and whilst I can log into an account on the Viaplay website it doesn't obviously let me do anything else. I can't see any details of existing subscription and my Payment Details section is blank. I wonder if my subscription has expired without renewal for some reason? I'll have to check Sky when I get home to see if I've no access any more. I guess if I don't I can just buy the new deal anyway. If it's renewed at £140 without warning I'll be slightly irritated. I've not watched anything on it other than Scotland games and a couple of Premier Sports ties last July.

8B5B6609-825E-4924-97A7-811BAC7FC4E9.thumb.jpeg.c607ee258382d0c5561e462ef8db1680.jpeg

I got the above email a month before it was due to expire. I cancelled and rejoined with the £59 deal.

Based on the above, it looks like you’ll have been put on a monthly contract which you can now cancel. If it keeps your membership til the end of the month you may miss out on the £59 offer though.

44 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

8B5B6609-825E-4924-97A7-811BAC7FC4E9.thumb.jpeg.c607ee258382d0c5561e462ef8db1680.jpeg

I got the above email a month before it was due to expire. I cancelled and rejoined with the £59 deal.

Based on the above, it looks like you’ll have been put on a monthly contract which you can now cancel. If it keeps your membership til the end of the month you may miss out on the £59 offer though.

I forgot to check it but I certainly never got that email. May have gone to spam I suppose....

On 07/06/2023 at 19:06, Pie Of The Month said:

As strange as it sounds if we're ranking results I'd put 2 points above 3 with the win v Georgia. It would mean Norway are at best 3pts behind after 4 played rather than 2pts.

Aye, same. 1 point less for us but 2 points less for Norway puts us 1 point better off vs Norway so two draws would be better for us than a defeat in Oslo and a win in Glasgow.

I think Norway are still the more serious threat than Georgia although this group was (is) probably the best shot at qualifying Georgia have had. Mostly because they've improved enough to be promoted from certified 'banana skin' to actual challengers.

On 08/06/2023 at 21:29, DG.Roma said:

Anyone know if you can change an adult ticket to a child ticket, or is it just a case of the kid goes in on the adult ticket and you take the financial hit? Cheers

22 hours ago, velo army said:

^^^ Tom Hanks in Big found.

Ha, nah, had 2 spare adult tickets, which have been taken up by a father & son. I'm sure the boy will get in no problem, but highly doubt we'll get the £20 overspend back

I understand the argument that 2 points is a better outcome than 3 points v Georgia and agree with it.

Unfortunately if we don't beat Georgia there's no context where drawing at home to Georgia won't be considered two points dropped by the masses whereas I think 3 points at home to Georgia and nothing in Oslo would be more easily accepted by the Tartan Army because it fits better with expectations.

29 minutes ago, NickMcG said:

We did but it's usually an unlikely event.

I don't think drawing at home against a team you'd expect to beat makes you any more or less likely to get a win away from home. Everyone has off-days.

On 05/06/2023 at 17:02, Fuctifano said:

Thought this might be best place to put this:

If like me you subscribed to Viaplay for the £70 annual deal last June, you can cancel the auto renewal (which is £140 for the year), ignore all their "we'll give you 3 months for the price of 1" emails and upon expiry -but as long as before June 20- immediately resubscribe for £59 for the year, gets you all Scotland games plus Betfred / Scottish cup, La Liga and some other stuff (NHL, darts, NASCAR). I think I've probably got about a justified amount of usage out of it at the lower price.

On 08/06/2023 at 15:59, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, I seem to have subscribed for £100 for the year on 7th June 2022. Of course it was Premier Sports then, not Viaplay

I've not received anything at all about my subscription and whilst I can log into an account on the Viaplay website it doesn't obviously let me do anything else. I can't see any details of existing subscription and my Payment Details section is blank. I wonder if my subscription has expired without renewal for some reason? I'll have to check Sky when I get home to see if I've no access any more. I guess if I don't I can just buy the new deal anyway. If it's renewed at £140 without warning I'll be slightly irritated. I've not watched anything on it other than Scotland games and a couple of Premier Sports ties last July.

On 10/06/2023 at 11:53, lubo_blaha said:

On 10/06/2023 at 12:38, Skyline Drifter said:

I forgot to check it but I certainly never got that email. May have gone to spam I suppose....

Never did get around to following this up but got my credit card bill today and I seem to have been charged £99 for a further year. 🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen it confirmed specifically but I don't think it's a stretch to conclude that Nathan Patterson won't be involved tonight.

Full squad’s here, 25 players have travelled. I have got a big decision, I have got to leave two out of the 23, so that’s my next job.

Steve Clarke

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/steve-clarke-has-his-say-on-erling-haaland-mania-and-gives-scotland-squad-update-ahead-of-norway-clash-4186666

Our squad had 26 players and that was maintained when McCrorie replaced Ralston therefore one player hasn't travelled. Nathan Patterson was the only player not in any of the training pictures from yesterday so I would guess him who hasn't travelled and therefore will not play any part against Norway.

On 07/06/2023 at 10:46, Donathan said:

Ranking of possible outcomes

6 points - Dreamland, one foot in the finals

4 points (win in Norway) - Excellent. Looking very good if we can just hold serve in the remaining fixtures.

4 points (Win v Georgia) - Very good. One more big result probably needed but still on the right track.

3 points (win in Norway) - Still in decent shape but still work to be done

3 points (win v Georgia) - Probably about par for the course but still a lot of work to be done.

2 points - Mild disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw in Norway) - Big disappointment but still in the running

1 point (Draw v Georgia) - Will be up against it to qualify from here. Probably need 9/10 points from the last four fixtures.

0 points - Disaster. Start planning for the playoffs territory. 

73DDF2F8-A45F-41E0-9059-1A4C5FCA691D.jpeg