Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

I don't think Aberdeen have played well under Robson apart from the Hearts game. If Aberdeen play like we did at St Johnstone then Kilmarnock will have a great chance. Everything points to a home win with recent head to heads at Pittodrie, Aberdeen home form and Killmarnock away form. 

Aberdeen should only need 1 win to make sure of the top 6 so hopefully a decent performance and 3 points. 

Edited by betting competition

I suppose it’s a credit to Barry robson that I’ve gone from near complete apathy of 2 months ago to feeling quite apprehensive that we’ll make a c**t of this now we’ve put ourselves in a position to compete. 

7 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't think Aberdeen have played well under Robson apart from the Hearts game. 

Don’t quite agree. I think Motherwell was pretty good once we scored and got past the crippling fear we seemed to be in and Livingston was a good performance, if not a pretty one.

Hearts was clearly the stand out performance though. 

Edited by Dons_1988

"Captain Graeme Shinnie was sent off for a second bookable offence in the narrow victory at McDiarmid Park last Saturday, but will be available for selection against Killie, with his suspension not coming into play until next Friday's trip to face Ross County in Dingwall."

From Aberdeen live, this correct?

4 minutes ago, kevitt said:

"Captain Graeme Shinnie was sent off for a second bookable offence in the narrow victory at McDiarmid Park last Saturday, but will be available for selection against Killie, with his suspension not coming into play until next Friday's trip to face Ross County in Dingwall."

I wasn’t aware of that. Would rather have him for an away game tbh. 

1 hour ago, kevitt said:

No I don’t think it will.

A red (regardless if straight or two yellows) and you miss the next game. 

A suspension for the accumulation of yellows overall takes two weeks to kick in, but it wasn’t that. 

38 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No I don’t think it will.

A red (regardless if straight or two yellows) and you miss the next game. 

A suspension for the accumulation of yellows overall takes two weeks to kick in, but it wasn’t that. 

Pretty sure that's right.

Very surprised to hear that it was his first ever red card. Given his 'robust' style, I'd have thought he'd been sent off before but apparently not.

He'll be a miss but I'm hoping that Killie's horrendous away form continues. Any win will do. 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Pretty sure that's right.

Very surprised to hear that it was his first ever red card. Given his 'robust' style, I'd have thought he'd been sent off before but apparently not.

He'll be a miss but I'm hoping that Killie's horrendous away form continues. Any win will do. 

Especially when you think that during his first spell here, he often got booked early in games, & the way he plays the game….

Edited by Thenorthernlight

6 hours ago, kevitt said:

That can't be right. A red card and you miss at least the next game even though it's two yellows.

Despite us looking like a much better team with the addition of David Watson I will be surprised if we manage to pull off a win here. I'd bite your hand off for a draw at Pittodrie , a St. Johnstone win and then a Hibs win.