What brand of clothes do you wear?

What brand of clothes do you wear?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Back in my student days I worked in a very "fashionable" clothes/shoe shop in Glasgow and used to get most of these brands on a chunky discount. The discount ended about 20 years ago, the love affair with the brands didn't.

I got a then-unknown brand Supreme shirt in TK Maxx in Sauchiehall Street for £10 around the same era. f**k, I wish I’d lost that in a cupboard somewhere and found it around 2017. 

Footwear :   Ecco, and Mephisto.

T-shirts and short sleeve polos :  Fat Face and Timberland.

Jeans : Asda   ( Don't last long, but like the fit ).

Winter : Fjallraven down jacket.

Autumn/Spring : Gilets : Gap and Fat Face.

Underwear : Asda and M & S

Some of these are reassuringly/disgustingly expensive.

I am though quite efficient at charity shop and Ebay searching for them s/h.

[ Not the underwear.  I do have some limits ]

Edited by beefybake

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I got a then-unknown brand Supreme shirt in TK Maxx in Sauchiehall Street for £10 around the same era. f**k, I wish I’d lost that in a cupboard somewhere and found it around 2017. 

The one up near the Sauchiehall Centre? That used to be a goldmine. They got deliveries on Wednesdays and I often went over after Uni to have a browse. Found Stussy, X-Large etc t shirts and loads of decent Adidas. Got my first pair of Samoas in there for absolute peanuts.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

The one up near the Sauchiehall Centre? That used to be a goldmine. They got deliveries on Wednesdays and I often went over after Uni to have a browse. Found Stussy, X-Large etc t shirts and loads of decent Adidas. Got my first pair of Samoas in there for absolute peanuts.

That was the puppy although I never got that lucky - Stussy and XLarge I had to go to Jives and pay proper money for. The Mrs found a vaccuum bag of my old clobber last year and wore a Hysteric Glamour shirt as a nightie, which I took unreasonably badly. I *will* fit into it again at some point! 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

That was the puppy although I never got that lucky - Stussy and XLarge I had to go to Jives and pay proper money for. The Mrs found a vaccuum bag of my old clobber last year and wore a Hysteric Glamour shirt as a nightie, which I took unreasonably badly. I *will* fit into it again at some point! 

Haha my wife has so far restricted that to band shirts I own. I think she knows the canary I would have if she started rocking the better t shirts. 

I remember when Jives was the only show in town for a lot of licences. To be fair to them, I never thought they took the absolute piss price wise when they could have gouged a pretty dedicated fan base for a number of labels. It was a great shop though, I remember buying a Stussy Tee in a shop in San Antonio circa 1999/2000 and the guy talking to me about what a great shop it was.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When I met my wife I had a healthy collection of Hawaiian shirts. Wore them almost daily.

Within 6 months of us getting together I was down to my last one.

Now I just have what she buys me.

The Mrs bought me some stuff from Officers Club circa 2003 and it was mutually agreed that she wouldn't shop for me again. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The Mrs bought me some stuff from Officers Club circa 2003 and it was mutually agreed that she wouldn't shop for me again. 

But, it would have been reduced from its original price of £4782.99 to a very reasonable £12 in the old OC...

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

When I met my wife I had a healthy collection of Hawaiian shirts. Wore them almost daily.

Within 6 months of us getting together I was down to my last one.

Now I just have what she buys me.

Well done on outing yourself as OFTW.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Up there with actually giving a f**k about what labels you’re wearing.

51 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Up there with lining up dozens of pairs of hideously coloured/patterned Doc Martens on your stairs to take a pic for P&B, IMO.

8 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Up there with lining up dozens of pairs of hideously coloured/patterned Doc Martens on your stairs to take a pic for P&B, IMO.

Shame I’ve never done that.

Edited by mathematics