Montrose v Falkirk 11/04/23

Sigh.

Same team as Saturday please; the formation worked well for the most part and Oliver and Burrell posed some threat. Hope McCann's injury isn't too bad, but don't have too many issues with Hendo deputising if needs be. Given our recent points return, I'd be close to grouping this as a must-win with Airdrie breathing down our neck; aware that there isn't too much difference between 2nd and 3rd but I think there would be a psychological element involved in going into the play-offs if they overtook us with us having been clear in 2nd for so long.

Yeah I think I haven't been TOO hard on the team post East End loss to kill the title, but I was pretty raging at Clyde the other week. I'm trying to understand why it went the way it went without getting despondent over it because prior to that I had felt, with some justification, that there was Dunfermline who had got themselves too much daylight, but post January Falkirk was significantly better than everyone else in the league. 

A bad run of form has caused some doubt to creep in but if we could win tomorrow and Saturday I might just be back there in terms of our chances in the playoffs

With it being midweek Montrose should stream it, I think Peterhead are doing it for their game. Three points will clinch a play off spot and the sooner it's in the bag the better, it would also open up a five point gap on Airdrie at least till Saturday. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm trying to understand why it went the way it went without getting despondent over it because prior to that I had felt, with some justification, that there was Dunfermline who had got themselves too much daylight, but post January Falkirk was significantly better than everyone else in the league.

Aye, I don't think Falkirk got enough credit for winning this year's 8 game Apertura by a whole two points.

1 minute ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Falkirk would be better watching over their shoulders with this one. IMO, Airdrie have this season been our most difficult opponents. 

We're not playing Airdrie tonight. We're playing them on Saturday, so in no way whatsoever would we be better focusing on anything other than Montrose. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Making me yearn for the days of relentless "FAWKURK ARE IN THIS LEAGUE COS THEY DESERVE TAE BE YOUS ARE LIKE THE AULD FURM" patter

Meh, that was at least 3 years ago. You're just an established L1 club with oddball fans now. 

1343b52b-f5cb-457e-8bdc-cf6269eb67e6_screenshot.jpg

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Meh, that was at least 3 years ago. You're just an established L1 club with oddball fans now. 

1343b52b-f5cb-457e-8bdc-cf6269eb67e6_screenshot.jpg

I normally greeny in-context Simpsons patter as a matter of course but I just.......

Give me time.....

Give me time. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Go on, give that one some explaining. 

Yes, across the calendar months of January & February Falkirk had 6 wins and a draw and were clearly "significantly better" than Dunfermline's 5 wins and 2 draws in the same period!

By the same token, post February Queen of the South are "significantly better than everyone else in the league" (we've got a whole point more than Airdrie and 4 more than Dunfermline). Sadly it matters not one bit.

Edited by Skyline Drifter