Ayr v QP

Last night was a good result, but the performance will need to miles better if we’re going to take anything from this. Still felt there was a lot of fragility in there and our next three opponents are the teams we’ve struggled most against. 

Would certainly be starting Davidson. Think he might go with Shields and Williamson, unless I’m reading too much into Coyle’s post match comments. He’s thrown a few curve balls in the past, though. 

If we can play like we did for the last hour or so against Partick then we can win this. I’ve always thought QP are very good but very soft and if you get in their faces you can beat them. 

Same team for me but Smith in for McAlear. 

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we can play like we did for the last hour or so against Partick then we can win this. I’ve always thought QP are very good but very soft and if you get in their faces you can beat them. 

Same team for me but Smith in for McAlear. 

Spot on, when we pressed them at Dens they resorted to hoof ball in a 3 0 pumping. This beautiful football they play is a complete fallacy although they do have the odd player like Savoury who is technically gifted.

I'd have the Ayr as favourites here, especially at home and with 98% of the crowd in the ground behind them. If you can go to Firhill and pick up a solid point you have more than enough about you to beat the Glesga Gretna. A draw would do though.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Get tickets down to £10 flat, big Friday night crowd, get the place rocking, 

Lets go 🖤🤍

f**k that 

It seems that every time the team is well back by a bumper crowd we inevitably shit the bed. 

In all seriousness though it’s a huge game on Friday and a win would be a real mental boost for the team especially if we were to meet QP in the playoffs. We showed today that if we step up we can be better than Thistle but we just need to create more chances. 

Maguires contribution today causes more problems that it solves as, even aside from Dipos goal, he did really well. I’m just not sure how we fit him into the team. Play him deeper in McAlears position could be a possibility. If we had a stronger full back I’d suggest playing him wider but he’d offer very little cover and our full backs get exposed enough as it is. 

A must win game for Ayr which isn't good. 

Hopefully Bullen doesn't f**k around and actually looks to win this game. It is a completely winnable game and there should be no excuses. I am done with the "that may be an important point" patter he is coming out with, we need to try and win games from kick-off. 

If Ayr are switched on, 3-0 Ayr

If Ayr resort t form, 0-2 Queens Park

We will most likely start the game in 5th place as I can't see Hamilton getting anything against ICT tomorrow. We need set up to win the game and give it a go, like we did in the second half on Saturday. Our overall play was good at Firhill for about 60 minutes but we didn't create enough clear cut chances.

The last game at Ochilview was a shambles of a performance, we need to be better. Hopefully we can get a good crowd in for this. Just win Ayr, please.

Big calls for Coyle this week. Good performances from Bannon, Davidson & Williamson. Do you reward any of them with a start against Ayr? & if so, who do you leave out?

Looking forward to a wee jaunt down the Costa Clyde. Hoping to head down early for a wee paddle.

Second half against Hamilton was much better than the previous game and a half. Got to be absolutely at it from the start this time round. We all seen what happened last time at Somerset, but we dealt with them very well in the last game at Ochilview (albeit only scoring a penalty and an OG) so we need to take our chances when we create them.

9 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Big calls for Coyle this week. Good performances from Bannon, Davidson & Williamson. Do you reward any of them with a start against Ayr? & if so, who do you leave out?

Looking forward to a wee jaunt down the Costa Clyde. Hoping to head down early for a wee paddle.

All three had a great impact last week. I'd definitely start Bannon and probably Davidson (assuming the knock Thomson took has left him at anything less than 100%). Coyle's post match interview seemed to hint that he was impressed with Shields on the wing against Hamilton, so I wonder if we will see a start for both Shields and Williamson but it'll remain the 4-5-1 he loves to play. I'd much rather 4-4-2 at this point and just fucking go for it. 

Anything less than 3 points for both teams will definitely be a blow to their aspirations with QP the league title and Ayr securing a playoff spot. Watched the Thistle game on the weekend and while Ayr did have a slow start they grew into the game and deserved at least a point. Will be tough and I’m expecting both teams to go for it in front of the BBC cameras. Despite our recent performances, I’m still backing Queens to get something out of this game. There should be a good crowd on Friday at Somerset especially from QP. We’ve got to be team’s 12th man especially since this match will define our season and hopefully we see as many supporters there backing the team for the full 90 minutes.

29 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Or not apparently... 👎

For all that he was a roaster, the one thing Lachlan was good at was realising when dropping the prices and getting a good crowd right behind the team was needed. 

Friday is huge - we absolutely need to win. I imagine that will become even clearer after tomorrow night.