Famous/notorious blow-ins to Scotland

21 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

• Bob Dylan bought a property in Scotland at one time, don't think he's moved in yet

Bob Dylan and his brother bought a place outside Aviemore.  It's a wedding venue.  I'm not sure if the plan was for either of them to ever live in it properly but I think I've heard that Bob Dylan has only turned up once and it's more his brother's venture.  Apparently the staff don't like constantly being asked about the Zimmermans!

A (lovely) Scouse lad who was once in A Flock of Seagulls was my old neighbour in Edinburgh. 

Dylan Moran lived in Edinburgh at least until a few years back as I’d often see him shambling by on his bike.

Martin Bakole, heavyweight boxing prospect and on the fringes of decent world rankings moved from the Congo to live with a rotund man in Airdrie.

Edited by Shandon Par

51 minutes ago, Molotov said:

You know the score by now. Pics or it never happened. 😂 

Not the actual deed. But the wifey involved.

7 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Apologies, Sir Clifford, but this is known as False Memory Syndrome, and DH Lawrence has written a book about it.

Thankfully all photographic evidence of that dalliance have been destroyed,

only the mental scarring remains, and sometimes I wish it was a FMS.

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's the family of the bloke that invented Tetrapak, it made billions, but can't remember the name of family.

Fred Olsen of the cruise company has a big chunk of Dumfries & Galloway, I know this as I was banging the gamekeepers wife for a bit, but that another story for another day. 

Tetrapak was Ruben Rausing, and he and his sons didn’t own any significant land in Scotland.

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Aye, they own loads of the Highlands/Cairngorms. I'm sure all their kids were killed in a terrorist attack or a big accident somewhere. 

Anders Holch Povlsen? Lost three kids in a bombing in Sri Lanka? Except his money is from clothing…owns about 221,000 acres. The plus side is he’s using it to rewild the area.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Tetrapak was Ruben Rausing, and he and his sons didn’t own any significant land in Scotland.

Anders Holch Povlsen? Lost three kids in a bombing in Sri Lanka? Except his money is from clothing…owns about 221,000 acres. The plus side is he’s using it to rewild the area.

Rausing own or owned Carrour,

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12065849.highland-estate-bought-by-heiress-for-3m/

23 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Don Revie

The guy out of Never Mind the Buzzcocks

20 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Did he used to be involved with Never Mind the Buzzcocks? 

*Cough*

Make your mind up. Was it Don Revie or Phil Jupitus that was in NMtB.

7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Typical Nairn burd?

Preferred her in Radiohead

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Martin Bakole, heavyweight boxing prospect and on the fringes of decent world rankings moved from the Congo to live with a rotund man in Airdrie.

@Sergeant Wilson kept that quiet. Does his wife know?