Aberdeen vs Rangers

53 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is Beale in charge of finances?

The club is going through several court cases for breach of contract, paying off Gio and his team and we're on a UEFA financial watchlist. There is no money to magically bring in all those players, you need to chill out a bit.

As well as having to contend with the worst injury problems that I've ever seen us have, it's a miracle that we've hung on.

Given that he’s already said that he’s good enough to be the manager and the DoF I’m sure managing the finances would too would be a skoosh for him. He’s defo providing the Midas Touch so far.

Read Hugh Keevins article from yesterday (before the match).

Beautiful.

Michael Beale must avoid Rangers jam becoming jelly and there's only one way to do it

He knows he needs to determine his own future. Starting today. Beale must put down a marker, preferably two, where his club’s greatest rivals are concerned between now and the end of the season in league and cup.

And Pittodrie, where Aberdeen have not beaten Rangers since September 2016, is the place that sets the tone for the first of the two outstanding derbies featuring the Old Firm.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given that he’s already said that he’s good enough to be the manager and the DoF I’m sure managing the finances would too would be a skoosh for him. He’s defo providing the Midas Touch so far.

I know that you're a bit staunch at times but you do need chill here. We've had two great seasons out three, gotta take the good and the bad mate.

Like Aberdeen had the worst result in their history earlier this season and yesterday they had their best result in a while.  That's fitba, you need the bad to appreciate the good days.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Is Beale in charge of finances?

The club is going through several court cases for breach of contract, paying off Gio and his team and we're on a UEFA financial watchlist. There is no money to magically bring in all those players, you need to chill out a bit.

As well as having to contend with the worst injury problems that I've ever seen us have, it's a miracle that we've hung on.

You seem a little agitated 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

No? But that’s not what I am saying. I’m saying if he drops more than 9 points against Celtic in his time here (which was the gap when he took charge) it wouldn’t be hyperbole. As it stands though, it’s 4, which is not a lot considering he has had a game at Celtic park with an inferior squad and only 1 transfer window thus far.

But also Gio did not loose a cup final and potentially a semi. At the first sniff of a Tmmy slip up the team bottles it. Even if he wins the next OF game and closes the gap, that would just be papering over the cracks.  A cup win might put more of a gloss on it but his team has been lucky to stay in contention and have made hard work of games against fairly ordinary teams (like us) 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

You’re disregarding everything I’ve said and are making arguments against points I’ve not made. I simply said stating that Beale has had a spectacular capitulation was hyperbole considering we were already in a position playing catch up. Nobody is saying he has achieved anything or anything similar. Nobody is saying he has met the remit given to him.

Because it doesn’t merit discussion imo and is basically a moot point.

You are picking up on the singular point GB made about capitulation and brushing past the underpinning and more significant point in that really your manager so far hasn’t done the job expected of him. 

Is it really necessary to have an extremely tedious debate about that mouthpiece cockney managers relative performance as rangers manager to date? 

The thread should really be reserved for rinsing the entire club as a whole for yesterdays trouncing. 

3 hours ago, Don exotic said:

That was one of the big things yesterday. The boys showed massive discipline to not give the ref an opportunity to give them a penalty or red card. I guess the Shinnie situation set the scene.

Also the Hayes foul was a clear penalty that should have been given to us. Therefore, to beat them with this level of advantage is excellent.

As someone who loathes the **** & think they get refereeing decisions in their favour almost weekly, I’m not sure about the Hayes incident.

It’s not as if the defenders leg appeared last minute. 
Hayes ran for a few yards seeing the leg there, then generated contact maybe? 
I’d need another look but that was my initial reaction. 

However, would it have been given at the other end is another question. 

Regardless, FTHB 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is it really necessary to have an extremely tedious debate about that mouthpiece cockney managers relative performance as rangers manager to date? 

The thread should really be reserved for rinsing the entire club as a whole for yesterdays trouncing. 

Or rinsing Beale for his tedious constant bullshit. 
Loves the sound of his voice, a voice that grates on you. 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

As someone who loathes the **** & think they get refereeing decisions in their favour almost weekly, I’m not sure about the Hayes incident.

It’s not as if the defenders leg appeared last minute. 
Hayes ran for a few yards seeing the leg there, then generated contact maybe? 
I’d need another look but that was my initial reaction. 

However, would it have been given at the other end is another question. 

Regardless, FTHB 

I didn't have a great view of it but my thoughts were it's surely a booking if it's not a pen?

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Its obviously a nonsense comment, and thats before you consider that none of those managers mentioned have the baked in refereeing advantages that Beale (or anyone else) has working for Rangers.

e.g. Its now over 50 matches since Rangers had a penalty awarded against them................

These things even themselves out over the space of a decade...

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Apologies, rinse away 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Because it doesn’t merit discussion imo and is basically a moot point.

You are picking up on the singular point GB made about capitulation and brushing past the underpinning and more significant point in that really your manager so far hasn’t done the job expected of him. 

By implying it was hyperbole is to believe that I find it was emphasis through exaggeration. By believing it was exaggeration signifies I believe there to be truth to what was said, though not to the same degree as was portrayed. What is disagreeable about that view point?

ETA: I also specifically stated that I agreed with his sentiments.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yeh it’s “more” of a shout than I thought. 
50/50 and not in the stonewall variety. 

Not “clear & obvious” so I can see why VAR didn’t intervene.

Tbh I don't think either was a pen, but I'd stick my mortgage on either of the symbiotic Glasgow clubs getting that.