Stirling Albion V Annan

Thought there were signs in the first half v Dumbarton on Tuesday that we were starting to find a little bit of form but sadly it disappeared second half when fatigue and nerves got the better of both teams.

I'm kind of expecting more of the same. There's likely to be a bigger than normal crowd and a bit of tension especially if the game lacks an early goal.

Annan are a good side and always give us a tough game.  However, if it's still goalless after an hour I could see both sides settling for a point.

Of course the game at Dumbarton could render the whole thing meaningless if east fife continue the form they showed against us and Stranraer. 

Workmanlike, end of season slog etc etc. The mental resilience is strong. Against Stennie 93’.The grin on Jake’s face as he embraced Carrick said it all.

On leaving Ochilview I passed a Warriors fan. Mutter to himself, but loud enough for me to hear.

F#%*#%* Incredible, F#%*#%* incredible.

more of the same please.

Well that went a little differently to the last Annan home game.

Didnt think we had our game head on at all first half.

Our second really seemed to take the life out of Annan and changed the atmosphere completely.

It's great to finally do it amd to seal it with a win is just perfect 

Got a bottle of red (obvioulsy) open to celebrate. 

Wow, what a game to seal it for us. I honestly thought Annan were the better team for most of the First Half and it was absolutely no surprise when Chris Johnstone swept home the opener, we just hadn’t got going.

We looked ok when we equalised but my gosh, we got going in the Second Half and came out deserved winners in the end.

I could go on and on about how a wonder season this has been for us, but ultimately, it says everything when you see a crowd and scenes like that.

We’re a team on the up, Darren Young and his squad deserve all the plaudits coming their way!

PS- So glad we won it at Forthbank and not on Tuesday night 🙈

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Wow, what a game to seal it for us. I honestly thought Annan were the better team for most of the First Half and it was absolutely no surprise when Chris Johnstone swept home the opener, we just hadn’t got going.

We looked ok when we equalised but my gosh, we got going in the Second Half and came out deserved winners in the end.

I could go on and on about how a wonder season this has been for us, but ultimately, it says everything when you see a crowd and scenes like that.

We’re a team on the up, Darren Young and his squad deserve all the plaudits coming their way!

PS- So glad we won it at Forthbank and not on Tuesday night 🙈

The smile on your face at the end, said more than any words ever could mate.