National Conference League

edinabear

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Have the SFASPFLGlasgowbteamfarce shown their working?

It's a done deal pal, haven't you been fucking listening to Maxwell and Brown!?! No fucking questions!!!

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a done deal pal, haven't you been fucking listening to Maxwell and Brown!?! No fucking questions!!!

It's as if we didn't already know Scottish Football is a banana republic and us peasants should know our place and just accept what crumbs we are given.

Viva la revolucion.

Or if you prefer

Vive la revolution.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Apologies for bringing politics into the matter but your logo kind of says it all at the moment. Get a mess! Needs sorting out asap.

Vote SNP. Get Scotland.

I don't remember last time I went on on a laptop. I think thats about 8 years old 

11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Apparently Stenny will consult their fans on the conference. Isn’t their Chairman on the pyramid working group which proposed it ?

My impression was that the PWG were just told about it rather than proposing it.

16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Apparently Stenny will consult their fans on the conference. Isn’t their Chairman on the pyramid working group which proposed it ?

Allegedly the Stenny chairman is one of their puppets - that's how they bent the rules to allow 3 teams to play at Ochilview this season

Words escape me.

These are the people running our game.

So the pyramid only exists below SPFL.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Edited by HorseyGhirl

Ewan Otoo was at Celtic B in the first half if the season and at Dunfermline in the second half of the season. According to James McPake at last night's open night, Otoo learned a lot more at East End Park than he did with the Colts. Now he did end up playing a few games once Rhys Breen got injured which will have helped but still. Kane Ritchie-Hosler also joined us on loan in January and really shone in League One - who knows what would have happened to him if he'd been at Rangers B for the second half of the season. I don't even think he was in their Colts Squad?

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ewan Otoo was at Celtic B in the first half if the season and at Dunfermline in the second half of the season. According to James McPake at last night's open night, Otoo learned a lot more at East End Park than he did with the Colts.

I know it's totally surprising that a young lad learns surrounded by seasoned pros in training and match day. Who'd have thought it.

In my younger days I believe it was called apprenticeship, a place where you learned good habits and about life.

The problem I have come across with pro youth is; it's a protected environment where everything is done for them and they are told what to do without thinking for themselves. 

To paraphrase the Waco Kid "you know molly coddled".

On 09/05/2023 at 20:25, invergowrie arab said:

I don't remember last time I went on on a laptop. I think thats about 8 years old 

Just couldn't resist with the way things are at the moment.

Edited by Dev

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ewan Otoo was at Celtic B in the first half if the season and at Dunfermline in the second half of the season. According to James McPake at last night's open night, Otoo learned a lot more at East End Park than he did with the Colts. Now he did end up playing a few games once Rhys Breen got injured which will have helped but still. Kane Ritchie-Hosler also joined us on loan in January and really shone in League One - who knows what would have happened to him if he'd been at Rangers B for the second half of the season. I don't even think he was in their Colts Squad?

Otoo was at Clyde last season and looked good there. Mental to think that dropping him down two levels was going to help his development.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Agreed,  but just to tidy something up KRH joined in September but only established himself later on in the season,   Fighting to get Into a side and keep it against more experienced players is another vital part of development that is unavailable to B team players

An open question to the guys who have seen the b team boys come on loan.

Is 'molly coddled' a decent way of describing them.

When I was with an u21 setup the Boys from pro youth didn't have the same attitude as boys who came up thru boys clubs. That's why I use molly coddled.

And that goes to:

@Salvo Montalbano @Gordon EF @parsforlife

21 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

An open question to the guys who have seen the b team boys come on loan.

Is 'molly coddled' a decent way of describing them.

When I was with an u21 setup the Boys from pro youth didn't have the same attitude as boys who came up thru boys clubs. That's why I use molly coddled.

And that goes to:

@Salvo Montalbano @Gordon EF @parsforlife

I don't know about mollycoddled or anything, but Otoo's attitude was pretty good. He actually played for the B Team at East End in a Challenge Cup (?) game and mentioned when he signed that he'd enjoyed it. He hasn't had it easy - made his debut at Airdrie I think where we found ourselves 3-0 down and he was shunted all over the shop (left back, holding midfield, centre back, right back I think!) and had a bit of a torrid time but he was also part of the comeback to win 4-3 and that will have helped. He's stepped up when needed and seems quite mature that way. All I know is that he's played in front of 4, 5, 6,000 crowds and was in the squad but didn't play in the game v Falkirk with a crowd of over 9,000 and that is a much better place to develop than playing in front of 300 odd in the Lowland League. Especially when we were going for promotion, something he couldn't play for at Celtic B.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't know about mollycoddled or anything, but Otoo's attitude was pretty good. He actually played for the B Team at East End in a Challenge Cup (?) game and mentioned when he signed that he'd enjoyed it. He hasn't had it easy - made his debut at Airdrie I think where we found ourselves 3-0 down and he was shunted all over the shop (left back, holding midfield, centre back, right back I think!) and had a bit of a torrid time but he was also part of the comeback to win 4-3 and that will have helped. He's stepped up when needed and seems quite mature that way. All I know is that he's played in front of 4, 5, 6,000 crowds and was in the squad but didn't play in the game v Falkirk with a crowd of over 9,000 and that is a much better place to develop than playing in front of 300 odd in the Lowland League. Especially when we were going for promotion, something he couldn't play for at Celtic B.

I'm probs being a bit harsh and all encompassing with that phrase.

I mentioned in an earlier post about apprenticeship that for me is a much better environment for these players on the cusp of manhood. These colt teams have their place in the game but is it good for their development the way it is at the moment. Personally I don't think so.

Cheers for the info.

On 11/05/2023 at 18:42, HorseyGhirl said:

I know it's totally surprising that a young lad learns surrounded by seasoned pros in training and match day. Who'd have thought it.

In my younger days I believe it was called apprenticeship, a place where you learned good habits and about life.

The problem I have come across with pro youth is; it's a protected environment where everything is done for them and they are told what to do without thinking for themselves. 

To paraphrase the Waco Kid "you know molly coddled".

Now back in the day prospects would have to sweep up the shaved pubes of 1st team players like John Hartson.

That's quite grounding.

........and just plain manky.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ex-celtic-star-reveals-john-29956420