National Conference League

edinabear

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Therefore are you adamant or astonished?

I've already said, several L2 clubs did not receive the documentation from the SFA last Friday. Wouldn't jump to conclusions on this, it may have been an administrative oversight.

What makes you so unshakeable in your view that 'every single member club' was sent the proposals at the same point?

Because that’s the rules, there are regulations in place for AGM’s that means papers must be sent out by a certain date!! Believe me, every member club has had these papers.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Because that’s the rules, there are regulations in place for AGM’s that means papers must be sent out by a certain date!! Believe me, every member club has had these papers.

And believe me, they didn't all receive them 7-10 days ago. 'Rules' don't mean that mistakes can't be made. Doesn't affect the overall fact that the proposals are a pile of shite, but it's up to the clubs who didn't receive them if they think it's worth kicking up a fuss. 

It's more important that they take the feelings of their supporters into account, in my view.

38 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

You must have a hell of a Postie's round!

48 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Depends if they've got a good spam filter on their email accounts.

Caught some comments on Sportsound this afternoon in bits and pieces, everyone I heard was saying that a proper reserve league and loans would be much better than the conference or b-teams in the LL for player development, didn't catch everything.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Therefore are you adamant or astonished?

I've already said, several L2 clubs did not receive the documentation from the SFA last Friday. Wouldn't jump to conclusions on this, it may have been an administrative oversight.

What makes you so unshakeable in your view that 'every single member club' was sent the proposals at the same point?

The AGM documents are all made available on the SFA portal, which every single member club has access to. Stenhousemuir have the documents, if they care to go and look.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

And believe me, they didn't all receive them 7-10 days ago. 'Rules' don't mean that mistakes can't be made. Doesn't affect the overall fact that the proposals are a pile of shite, but it's up to the clubs who didn't receive them if they think it's worth kicking up a fuss. 

It's more important that they take the feelings of their supporters into account, in my view.

If they didn’t then they should complain.

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Depends if they've got a good spam filter on their email accounts.

The fact is that these papers are sent every year, surely clubs must know by now to look out for them in whichever folder they land in.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

The fact is that these papers are sent every year, surely clubs must know by now to look out for them in whichever folder they land in.

It was a joke.

Just like the proposal. Which is why it deserves to be filtered directly into the spam folder with the boner pills and Nigerian Prince emails.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

It was a joke.

Just like the proposal. Which is why it deserves to be filtered directly into the spam folder with the boner pills and Nigerian Prince emails.

😂 Fair enough, I’ve had a long day.😂

I don’t disagree.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was a joke.

I hope the SFA vote doesn't come down to Dundee...

After today’s result in Coatbridge, there are now East Stirling, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath in the Lowland League. Surely this will put an end to any notion that Lowland League clubs will support this? If the proposal is that 4 LL teams would join the Conference, why would anyone support a proposal to leave themselves 2 divisions below League 2? 

5 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

After today’s result in Coatbridge, there are now East Stirling, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers and Cowdenbeath in the Lowland League. Surely this will put an end to any notion that Lowland League clubs will support this? If the proposal is that 4 LL teams would join the Conference, why would anyone support a proposal to leave themselves 2 divisions below League 2? 

You'd also think that League 2 sides would finally start thinking about making it easier for demoted sides to return.

Assuming that the non B team Lowland League clubs are chosen on merit for the conference why would Albion Rovers vote for the conference? The clubs that have come down from the league have not got close to getting back up. 

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd also think that League 2 sides would finally start thinking about making it easier for demoted sides to return.

I think there's still a reluctance in the boardrooms of League 2 clubs to accept it could happen to them, there's a mindset that someone else will always be worse.

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

I think there's still a reluctance in the boardrooms of League 2 clubs to accept it could happen to them, there's a mindset that someone else will always be worse.

There's also a naivety and lack of confidence that it's much better having the SPFL in charge of getting sponsorship and distributing it, rather than doing it themselves, as clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues have to do, and then bitterly complaining about getting their players poached by tier 5 sides.:lol:

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's also a naivety and lack of confidence that it's much better having the SPFL in charge of getting sponsorship and distributing it, rather than doing it themselves, as clubs in the Highland and Lowland Leagues have to do, and then bitterly complaining about getting their players poached by tier 5 sides.:lol:

It's hardly naivety to believe that the SPFL would do a better job than the Lowland League who chose a Walter Mitty league sponsor that failed last (?) year. 

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's hardly naivety to believe that the SPFL would do a better job than the Lowland League who chose a Walter Mitty league sponsor that failed last (?) year. 

I was meaning individual club sponsors rather than Park Buses or whoever the joke Lowland League management have begged off friends of Rangers and Celtic.