National Conference League

edinabear

Just now, lithgierose said:

Good question. Is it a secret ballot vote aswell ?. 

Who knows. St Mirren have balloted members so I’m delighted to report that we will definitively vote No, as will Motherwell and Livingston. The others in the top league have been silent in public

23 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Far be it from me to praise that rag, or that numpty, but fair do's he has absolutely nailed it.

I've always thought he knew his stuff, but just gets too caught up in all the nonsense around him sometimes. Albeit this is the 1st report of his I've read for about 10 years 😂 

Went to Clach's meeting tonight, a big NO from them. They don't think it will pass the AGM and it's too late for the SFA to withdraw the motion. Also thought that any Highland League sides who were wavering have probably swung to NO after getting clarification from the SFA, except for maybe Brechin.

How many Lowland clubs have declared?

Also, how many actual voting clubs are there, plus hangers on like local FA's?  what's the total of number of votes possible?

Edited by Burnieman

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How many Lowland clubs have declared?

The NoToBTeams twitter is keeping track of teams here: (doesn't include affiliated or national associations though)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaaVK-gDcjeZX88quxBfxlBL64AGDpViEqwbHTAUvrw/edit#gid=503625374

Caley Braves, CSS, Cumbernauld, East Stirling, Tranent.

Edited by Ginaro

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

. They don't think it will pass the AGM and it's too late for the SFA to withdraw the motion..

I did wonder if beales comments were limbering up along those lines,  the OF at spfl level at least have a tendency to suggest things, get positive feedback from the board, go to clubs and put out media feelers before quickly withdrawing and never putting a formal proposal when the realise the have no chance.

I reckon they and Maxwell have massively underestimated resistance here, possibly thinking the LL would be up for it and are noticing too late they can’t quietly withdraw and pretend it was just brainstorming.   At least I hope so

56 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I did wonder if beales comments were limbering up along those lines,  the OF at spfl level at least have a tendency to suggest things, get positive feedback from the board, go to clubs and put out media feelers before quickly withdrawing and never putting a formal proposal when the realise the have no chance.

I reckon they and Maxwell have massively underestimated resistance here, possibly thinking the LL would be up for it and are noticing too late they can’t quietly withdraw and pretend it was just brainstorming.   At least I hope so

They really need to be shown up, embarrassed, and Maxwell's position under pressure.

49 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I got the impression that the leagues and clubs were told it was happening without a vote, a done deal as the message kept on being recycled through the likes of the Mail, Thomas Brown and Official Catch Up. Not sure if there always was going to have to be a vote at the SFA AGM, or if the SFA bottled it given the resistance, or if they just lied to the leagues and clubs.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I got the impression that the leagues and clubs were told it was happening without a vote, a done deal as the message kept on being recycled through the likes of the Mail, Thomas Brown and Official Catch Up. Not sure if there always was going to have to be a vote at the SFA AGM, or if the SFA bottled it given the resistance, or if they just lied to the leagues and clubs.

I think it always needed a vote, but the arrogance at the top table thought it would ease through.  Maxwell has history of thinking his position gave him far more power than it actually did tho

i also think the done deal message was aimed to minimise resistance by hoping everyone would be too scared to look the lone sheep voting against.

SFA votes also typically go quite smoothly as they are not often of a controversial nature. Votes like accepting WoS league into the pyramid were never going to face problems for example.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think it always needed a vote, but the arrogance at the top table thought it would ease through.  Maxwell has history of thinking his position gave him far more power than it actually did tho

i also think the done deal message was aimed to minimise resistance by hoping everyone would be too scared to look the lone sheep voting against.

SFA votes also typically go quite smoothly as they are not often of a controversial nature. Votes like accepting WoS league into the pyramid were never going to face problems for example.

Some club chairmen were told categorically that it was a done deal and there would be no need for a vote. Which was probably why the Highland League negotiated down from 4 teams to 2 for something they were told was happening whatever they thought about it.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Maxwell has history of not knowing the fucking rules.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Those chairmen need to publicly out whatever lying snake told them that 

The first person I'd ask is the chairman of the Lowland League, Mr Thomas Brown.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

"i also think the done deal message was aimed to minimise resistance by hoping everyone would be too scared to look the lone sheep voting against."

THIS.

Now it is time to make big changes to the SFA and to prevent further ill thought out little schemes. Thought the article by the Sun journalist showed that there are people out there who see through the SFA/OF smoke and mirrors approach and their shambolic idea about how to improve the national team. More should speak up until the pressure reaches the SFA/OF and they can be appropriately attended to and Scottish football returned to the top of the list of SFA priorities once and for all.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The first person I'd ask is the chairman of the Lowland League, Mr Thomas Brown.

He has been got at, no doubt.  On Official Catch up he was very clear and concise that it was a done deal not matter what the Highland and Lowlands voted. So basically letting the lowland and highland fall in line and vote yes.  

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread