National Conference League

edinabear

19 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, and I read that Juventus II pay aroung a million pounds a season to take part: surely that's not true? It's lazy stuff in any case from Maxwell, his seven countries quoted all were relatively successful international sides quite easily without B sides.

It's in Italian obviously

https://www.lega-pro.com/com/2122-331L.pdf

image.png.8ae741a5d416c6a95868d199053f88c7.png

pay an extraordinary contribution of euro to the Lega Italiana Calcio Professionistico 1,200,000.00;

Edited by FairWeatherFan

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's in Italian obviously

https://www.lega-pro.com/com/2122-331L.pdf

image.png.8ae741a5d416c6a95868d199053f88c7.png

pay an extraordinary contribution of euro to the Lega Italiana Calcio Professionistico 1,200,000.00;

Thanks @FairWeatherFan, I'm fluent in three languages (English, Bad and Rubbish), but Italian isn't a speciality.

It's a bribe, isn't it? The Italians are adept at that.

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks @FairWeatherFan, I'm fluent in three languages (English, Bad and Rubbish), but Italian isn't a speciality.

It's a bribe, isn't it? The Italians are adept at that.

Basically. Just about all the leagues are full of boom & bust clubs. Think about all those that have had to reinvent themselves even in Serie A.

Juve offered a decent chunk of change and stability as a member. If I remember right the offer was open to everyone, its just that Juve were the only one to take the Italian FA up on it.

So it's no different to here where if the OF put up enough cash.

Maxwell's argument seems to be that we need B teams because our U19s haven't qualified for the annual 7 team (+host) UEFA tournament since 2006 (notice how he can't even remember the year).

Belgium and Poland were at the same tournament and have only qualified once since (2011 and 2023 respectively). 

Ireland have qualified twice in that time yet I don't think they have B teams? Croatia haven't qualified since 2016...

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ian Maxwell just seems to be an absolutely abysmal appointment all round really.

That was obvious from day 1, an utterly dreadful appointment and completely out of his depth.  Just a useful idiot for others.

Maxwell should resign over this.

It’s becoming crystal clear b teams dont work.

England is now the best league in world football. Never a hint of a b team there.

I bet leagues will be looking at pulling b teams out there league system in the next decade.

On 19/05/2023 at 08:49, The Moonster said:

This is the problem I have with these threads - it should be a firm "No, f**k off" from everyone but eventually people start normalising it with alternative suggestions. We don't need B teams, we never will and despite what some folk from Cowdenbeath and Glasgow tell you, this isn't a binary between a conference league and accepting B teams into the league. We can (and should) say no to both of them. 

From the Moonster who supports a club who happily rent out the ground to the Rangers B team.

Pot kettle.......

Oh btw, have a wee red dot 

14 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

From the Moonster who supports a club who happily rent out the ground to the Rangers B team.

Pot kettle.......

Oh btw, have a wee red dot 

Twice now you've made this stupid point, gonny just shut the f**k up, or talk to someone else. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Twice now you've made this stupid point, gonny just shut the f**k up, or talk to someone else. 

Have you ever took your moans to the people that run Dumbarton football club rather taking your frustrations out on a forum.

As the LL chairman said on the podcast not one single delegate at PWG meetings has mentioned the B teams.

Now i have my thoughts on the LL chairman, he works for the Sun ffs, but in this i believe him.

First time i heard the pyramid mentioned by a delegate at the West Juniors meetings at Hampden was 6 months before the Wosfl was set up.

One 30 second quip about the pyramid which nobody replied to and the meeting moved on.

Money talks louder than words.

8 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Have you ever took your moans to the people that run Dumbarton football club rather taking your frustrations out on a forum.

As I've stated previously across numerous threads when some moron pipes up with "aye but whit aboot Dumbarton!!!" on this topic, yes, I have. You seem to think I can't have an opinion that differs from the people sitting in my clubs boardroom.

I asked this before and you ignored it, what team do you support?

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As I've stated previously across numerous threads when some moron pipes up with "aye but whit aboot Dumbarton!!!" on this topic, yes, I have. You seem to think I can't have an opinion that differs from the people sitting in my clubs boardroom.

I asked this before and you ignored it, what team do you support?

Rangers B team

13 hours ago, PossilYM said:

As the LL chairman said on the podcast not one single delegate at PWG meetings has mentioned the B teams.

Now i have my thoughts on the LL chairman, he works for the Sun ffs, but in this i believe him.

First time i heard the pyramid mentioned by a delegate at the West Juniors meetings at Hampden was 6 months before the Wosfl was set up.

One 30 second quip about the pyramid which nobody replied to and the meeting moved on.

Money talks louder than words.

That's not what he said. He said no delegates have spoken against B teams in the Pyramid and he'd be right, I have said before that the leagues themselves are not against any team if they tick the membership requirements and apply at the bottom. It is then upto the member clubs themselves to approve their application or not. However we don't have that situation.

Which club did you represent at the WRJFA meeting, and what point are you making?