Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

10 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

First time in the flesh at the national stadium, I meant. Second time for me and many, many thousands of The Caley fans.

I was listening to BBC Scotland radio this morning.

Your Chief Exec was on, reckons they have sold 6,000 tickets, the remainder issued to club were returned.

Is that correct, or did I pick him up wrong?

Mind you he did say 15% of the population of Glasgow was 250,000

HMM!  Glasgow City population 600,000, Metro 1,698,000

Not  great at basics.

3 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

I was listening to BBC Scotland radio this morning.

Your Chief Exec was on, reckons they have sold 6,000 tickets, the remainder issued to club were returned.

Is that correct, or did I pick him up wrong?

Mind you he did say 15% of the population of Glasgow was 250,000

HMM!  Glasgow City population 600,000, Metro 1,698,000

Not  great at basics.

This is the man who forgot to order seats at hearts when redeveloping the stands. Not great at basics might be a bit of a compliment 

15 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Exactly like that. Whether we are playing Real Madrid, Rangers or Caley it's all the same. Remains to be seen whether Caley scud us like Madrid or get tanked like Rangers. 

A fair response bearing in mind that though Celtic are a very big fish in Scotlands pond they remain a very small minnow in Europes vast loch.

Commemorative Cup Final scarf arrived the other day. Mrs KRR will wear that. Should I choose the 2015 Cup FInal scarf, or the 1998-9 promotion scarf that I've worn to every other triumph and disaster?

If we win the cup does that knock Hearts back a couple of qualifying rounds as well as stopping Aberdeen getting guaranteed group stage European football?

I don't think this is good for us.  As well as facing the establishment club in Celtic we have several city clubs who have stand to gain by us losing this game.  Can only assume that the prefered outcome has been communicated to the relevant officials.  Doubt we'll get any 50-50 decisions in this one - much like the 2015 semi-final where Celtic were given several soft free kicks and Zaluska missed out on a clear red card, whereas we barely got any decisions, if my memory serves me correctly.

49 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If we win the cup does that knock Hearts back a couple of qualifying rounds as well as stopping Aberdeen getting guaranteed group stage European football?

I don't think this is good for us.  As well as facing the establishment club in Celtic we have several city clubs who have stand to gain by us losing this game.  Can only assume that the prefered outcome has been communicated to the relevant officials.  Doubt we'll get any 50-50 decisions in this one - much like the 2015 semi-final where Celtic were given several soft free kicks and Zaluska missed out on a clear red card, whereas we barely got any decisions, if my memory serves me correctly.

Got to give a lot of credit to the stewards/officials at the 2015 semi for letting all of our fans run on to the pitch to drag the Celtic players onto the ground in the box tbf.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Verily enters the stop-loss health insurance market

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Oh yes,

We could potentially f**k over Aberdeen, hearts and hibs

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Verily enters the stop-loss health insurance market

Me looking at the tumbling Scottish co-efficient when Caley have lost all eight of our guaranteed European games after winning the cup

Father Ted | GIFGlobe

He should make the wise move to leave before Saturday. The offer will be withdrawn once he has been embarrassed by lower league opposition in a cup final.

Edited by PB1994

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I see good friends of The Caley, Tottenham Hotspur, are doing their best to unsettle the fat Australian janitor in advance of this one.

He seems like a decent guy, be a shame if his big move is to a binfire like Spurs.  Where he'll no doubt get sacked by Easter like every other Spurs manager.