Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

The opportunity to piss off Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs fans all in one go, while also lifting a trophy, getting the passport out and getting a few million plus really is once in a lifetime sort of stuff.

Lets get it done.

25 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The opportunity to piss off Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs fans all in one go, while also lifting a trophy, getting the passport out and getting a few million plus really is once in a lifetime sort of stuff.

Lets get it done.

Absolutely get this, but I will not be a happy chappy if that happens. 

Was pleasantly surprised to hear Roddy MacGregor's interview on Radio nan Gaidheal last night, I never knew he was a fluent gaelic speaker.

He's gone up further in my estimations, a fine player and ambassador for the language in our community.

Hopefully his injuries are behind him and he gets a run out on Saturday!

Edited by DonnieMurdo

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Any pub recommendations in Glasgow for tomorrow? Thinking of avoiding round about the ground as they’ll no doubt be jammed full of Tic fans 

Depends how far you’re willing to walk, but lots of good options in and around Shawlands, which seems to be close enough to walk to Hampden but far enough away to avoid being overly full.

Other option is city centre, but there’ll be plenty of green and white there too. Best shout to avoid them would be the Shuffle’s shindig at the Ferry

4 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I really don’t think you have much to worry about tbf.

The nearer it gets, the more worried I become. Given everything that's happened this season I feel that it's Caley's Cup.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The nearer it gets, the more worried I become. Given everything that's happened this season I feel that it's Caley's Cup.

I am starting to tell myself this as well. Completely ignoring the fact Celtic are a million miles from us and even them on an off day they should still have more than enough to beat us.

It really is the hope that kills you.

2 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Depends how far you’re willing to walk, but lots of good options in and around Shawlands, which seems to be close enough to walk to Hampden but far enough away to avoid being overly full.

Other option is city centre, but there’ll be plenty of green and white there too. Best shout to avoid them would be the Shuffle’s shindig at the Ferry

Cheers, my old mans nightshift tonight so we won’t be in Glasgow til after half 2 so not fancying paying to get in to the ferry not to be there for long 😂

Sure we’ll find somewhere for a few jars  

5 hours ago, sophia said:

Or maybe Dodds will spring a surprise with a bespoke formation. Anyone willing to idly speculate on formation and strategy?

I'd suggest our line up should be pretty standard.  I think we'll go

------------------Ridgers------------------

-Carson---Devine--------Deas----Harper---

------------Allardice------Welsh-----------

---Henderson-----Shaw-------MacKay-----

---------------------Mckay---------------

What we need to do is something akin to how we played against Livingston in the earlier round - we were pretty solid defensively and didn't take chances at the back and our forward players pressed Livi to stop them building anything.  We also played pretty direct on the break - the first two goals came from early balls up the park, the third came from winning it back high up the pitch.

In terms of line up, maybe we could switch one of the '3' for Carson and play Duffy at right back but I think that the actual tactics are more important.  Mackay and Henderson have loads of energy and we'll need to them press and track back.  Shaw is excellent at pressing and getting his foot in with defenders.  Billy Mackay is good at pressing and working hard.  

It's a 1 in a 100 shot but I think if we set out like this it maximises our chances.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What we need to do is something akin to how we played against Livingston in the earlier round - we were pretty solid defensively and didn't take chances at the back and our forward players pressed Livi to stop them building anything.  We also played pretty direct on the break - the first two goals came from early balls up the park, the third came from winning it back high up the pitch.

In terms of line up, maybe we could switch one of the '3' for Carson and play Duffy at right back but I think that the actual tactics are more important.  Mackay and Henderson have loads of energy and we'll need to them press and track back.  Shaw is excellent at pressing and getting his foot in with defenders.  Billy Mackay is good at pressing and working hard.  

It's a 1 in a 100 shot but I think if we set out like this it maximises our chances.

Agree with all of this and will be pretty disappointed if we don’t line up exactly like this.

Carson is probably better in midfield but he is much better than Duffy at right back so he needs to start there. Still have doubts about Harper defensively but he seems to have improved quite a lot over the last few months. I think Delaney is probably the slightly better defensive option but Harper gives you so much more going forward so it has to be him to start with.

Shaw is also much better out on the wing but as you said he is very good at pressing the defenders and tracking back into midfield, much better than any of the other options we have so again needs to start there. You could maybe make a case for MacGregor starting there but he hasn’t been fit enough recently and it would be a hell of a gamble to throw him in from the start for this one.

Having MacGregor and Samuels on the bench gives us a bit of options for later on in the game too.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I'd agree but Chris McLaughlin's scoop is that he has news of a Billy Dodds "tactical tweak". This intrigues me and such a roll of the dice certainly lulled St Johnstone into a false sense of security in the first half of the first leg play off last year.

I wouldn't know where he might go but parking the bus, unless your name begins with W and continues with alter is rarely an endeavour that gestates to full term.

The return of Shane Sutherland as a one legged buckshee forward with 90 minutes of Jack Charlton-esque launching would be a means to an end.

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

At 20/1, ICT are by some distance the highest price of a side in a Scottish Cup Final ever. Queen of the South and Dunfermline were a mere 8/1 in 2008 & 2007 respectively, with Gretna 7/1 the year prior against Hearts. 

We are 33/1 on SkyBet.

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The milky bars are on me tomorrow night guys 1884850E-2665-491D-AB56-E8DA97B65A78.thumb.jpeg.c08cd8cfdef5b7a8b98fb0ccb56e3b53.jpeg

Sensible bet,

This game reeks of a 1-0 to the Caley via a dodgy VAR awarded penalty