Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

51 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Victims? Celtic fans have the copyright on moaning on being victimised, and hold it right there Jimmy Gannon, we have a decent record against Celtic as you well know, and truth be told you Celtic fans are owe us big time for getting rid of Barnes for you and look where you are now, so back off with the big balls.

I need hardly remind you that if it wasn't for McCann bailing Celtic out you would have been bankrupt, fact, at the end of the day Celtic are just another football club Jimmy Gannon.

Jimmy Gannon? Fergus McCann? Have you had a serious blow to head of late?

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Jimmy Gannon? Fergus McCann? Have you had a serious blow to head of late?

No just stating facts, it always gives me a laugh with the cockiness of Celtic fans of late when only some years ago the club was on the bones of it's arse along with their bluenose pals.

A question mark after Fergus McCann, as if you didn't know Celtic would not exist if it wasn't for him.

Getting carried away here Jimmy.

You'll be asking "what is a council hoose" next.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

No just stating facts, it always gives me a laugh with the cockiness of Celtic fans of late when only some years ago the club was on the bones of it's arse along with their bluenose pals.

A question mark after Fergus McCann, as if you didn't know Celtic would not exist if it wasn't for him.

Getting carried away here Jimmy.

You'll be asking "what is a council hoose" next.

This is quite a bizarre tangent you are going down but Celtic were always making cash the board had funnelled too much away and made it a cash flow problem, there is a massive difference as the club was still a going concern, no administrators etc. Stick to the cup final chat I would suggest, not ex-motherwell managers and council houses amongst other bizarre things.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

The SFA & SPFL have never given a f**k about any football supporters in terms of KO times. A mid-day KO for a TV match up in Aberdeen or Dingwall is just the norm these days, stop acting like a victim to make it an us v Glasgow thing as it really isn't in this case. 

Who's mentioned Saturday noon kick offs? That is completely different time and less of an issue, so much easier to get to and from regardless if you live in Dingwall or Glasgow, you just have to be motivated to get out of bed earlier. I know I have traveled down on many occasion for early kick offs its not a problem, I enjoyed it. But its not the distance that is the problem as you seem to be steering it towards, no one is complaining about the distance, its the potential extra cost and lack of traveling options getting back the same day.

It is easy for you, a Scottish Cup Final at Hampden is practically a home game for Celtic and you get plenty of drinking time in the pub watching the English Cup final, while Inverness fans are still traveling. Good for the Glasgow mafia that they don't have to travel at all and will enjoy the Hampden hospitality.

15 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Who's mentioned Saturday noon kick offs? That is completely different time and less of an issue, so much easier to get to and from regardless if you live in Dingwall or Glasgow, you just have to be motivated to get out of bed earlier. I know I have traveled down on many occasion for early kick offs its not a problem, I enjoyed it. But its not the distance that is the problem as you seem to be steering it towards, no one is complaining about the distance, its the potential extra cost and lack of traveling options getting back the same day.

It is easy for you, a Scottish Cup Final at Hampden is practically a home game for Celtic and you get plenty of drinking time in the pub watching the English Cup final, while Inverness fans are still traveling. Good for the Glasgow mafia that they don't have to travel at all and will enjoy the Hampden hospitality.

12 o'clock up in Dingwall on a Sunday is much the same problem, f**k all public transport so left with charter buses much like Inverness fans will have to source or stay overnight before. Stop making out this an issue only unique to non-Glasgow clubs. I appreciate clubs not from the central belt will struggle with this more if moved for TV reasons especially if for such a big game but it's f**k all to us and more of a wider issue that really all fans should be kicking up about especially the reasons behind this one.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I see Scott Gardiner to the rescue, using his contacts to provide buses to get supporters to Hampden and back again safely.

Does this make him a useful c**t?

Aye, assuming he's better at filling buses than concerts.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

12 o'clock up in Dingwall on a Sunday is much the same problem, f**k all public transport so left with charter buses much like Inverness fans will have to source or stay overnight before. Stop making out this an issue only unique to non-Glasgow clubs. I appreciate clubs not from the central belt will struggle with this more if moved for TV reasons but it's f**k all to us and more of a wider issue that really all fans should be kicking up about.

I'm taking about our national cup final which is played on a Saturday with a very late kick off not an early kick off.

Why are you fixated on noon kickoffs for run of the mill league games and now it appears Sundays to compare with a national cup final?

A cup final which would have inconvienced our blazers that they might miss the superior FA Cup Final and therefore less time for wine and smoked salmon in hospitality. So putting the cup final back a couple of hours means that Hampden hospitality would make more money.

29 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I'm taking about our national cup final which is played on a Saturday with a very late kick off not an early kick off.

Why are you fixated on noon kickoffs for run of the mill league games and now it appears Sundays to compare with a national cup final?

A cup final which would have inconvienced our blazers that they might miss the superior FA Cup Final and therefore less time for wine and smoked salmon in hospitality. So putting the cup final back a couple of hours means that Hampden hospitality would make more money.

I'm not read my full post. It's also clearly for TV reasons rather than some fat cat scenario you have dreamt up in your head. It should have been wrote in to the contract but it wasnt, which shows the lack of concern to KO times to our game especially when we don't get great value from it. This is is little to do with Glasgow clubs which was your original narrative. Anyway think this nonesense has ran it's course for today.

Guest ICTFCwife
4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Anyone thinking £45 is reasonable for any domestic game in Scotland really need to give themselves a shake. If you think that price is okay then you're part of the problem.

The pricing of the tickets is why so many fans would much rather watch the game from the comfort of their own homes for free rather than attending the games. However if it’s the price you have to pay to be in with a chance of seeing your team pick up the  🏆 then it’ll be worth it 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I'm not read my full post. It's also clearly for TV reasons rather than some fat cat scenario you have dreamt up in your head. It should have been wrote in to the contract but it wasnt, which shows the lack of concern to KO times to our game especially when we don't get great value from it. This is is little to do with Glasgow clubs which was your original narrative. Anyway think this nonesense has ran it's course for today.

I'm not read your full post. 😆 Of course its about tv money as I mentioned in that first post of mine that you replied to but omitted from your reply. Apart from the Glasgow thingy you agree with me, go on admit it?

It about time we had a seige mentality at Inverness CT, Scott Gardiner is doing it completely wrong and we are too easy push overs. Nothing wrong with a chip on your shoulder about the entitled opposition if it gives motivation, so yeah it is about Inverness vs the Glasgow mafia.

21 minutes ago, ICTFCwife said:

The pricing of the tickets is why so many fans would much rather watch the game from the comfort of their own homes for free rather than attending the games. However if it’s the price you have to pay to be in with a chance of seeing your team pick up the  🏆 then it’ll be worth it 

£45 for the cheap seats at Wembley up to £250 for the best seats, Tickets start at €70 for the German Cup Final.

Interesting to see how prices compare for the various cup finals around Europe and where we stand. Football is getting more and more expensive, no getting away from it.

Guest ICTFCwife
4 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

£45 for the cheap seats at Wembley up to £250 for the best seats, Tickets start at €70 for the German Cup Final.

Interesting to see how prices compare for the various cup finals around Europe and where we stand. Football is getting more and more expensive, no getting away from it.

Bought two tickets for the Scotland-Georgia game in June £80 a ticket then an additional £35.72 booking fee and tax on top of that on a resale site. 

15 minutes ago, ICTFCwife said:

Bought two tickets for the Scotland-Georgia game in June £80 a ticket then an additional £35.72 booking fee and tax on top of that on a resale site. 

I keep hold of old tickets or their tabs and compare that to the UEFA Euro 2004 Qualifiers, the two I went to were vs Germany 07/06/03 for the South Stand Lower P-1 Row-CCC at £30 and vs Faroe Islands 06/09/03 East Stand area F-3 Row-W at a wonderful £10.

The Scottish Cup Final winning day in 2015 at Hampden, for the South Stand, Area I 3 and Row CC was £30 for a ticket.

Guest ICTFCwife
13 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I keep hold of old tickets or their tabs and compare that to the UEFA Euro 2004 Qualifiers, the two I went to were vs Germany 07/06/03 for the South Stand Lower P-1 Row-CCC at £30 and vs Faroe Islands 06/09/03 East Stand area F-3 Row-W at a wonderful £10.

The Scottish Cup Final winning day in 2015 at Hampden, for the South Stand, Area I 3 and Row CC was £30 for a ticket.

That’s probably a good thing to do. I was at an Arsenal game at the start of last month £115 per ticket plus about the same in booking fees/tax on a resale site. However we had very good seats and it was at the emirates. However,it’s not something you could afford to pay on a regular basis. 

Did anyone do this during the Scottish Cup Final celebrations, take some ticker tape as a souvenir?

DSC_0120.thumb.JPG.65b62a005e995dd7b88a4606215c771a.JPG

To me this represents the event and the winning the damn thing even if its the wrong shade of blue. I grabbed a few of them, kept two for myself and sent the rest with another match programme down to my uncle in Derbyshire. He was delighted with the ticker tape.

What about Celtic fans, do you guys do stuff like this. Have unusual souvenirs from the days you beat a big team in Europe or the day you win a league title or the Scottish Cup, Even if its a small piece of your seat that you were doing the bouncy on at a rivals stadium?

It’s £20 to watch a normal league game in the North Stand at Caley Park. 

Not seeing how it’s that much of an issue to pay £15 more to watch us play in a Scottish Cup final.

Plus using resale sites as examples of ticket prices is just fucking nonsense.

Edited by PB1994

34 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It’s £20 to watch a normal league game in the North Stand at Caley Park. 

Not seeing how it’s that much of an issue to pay £15 more to watch us play in a Scottish Cup final.

Plus using resale sites as examples of ticket prices is just fucking nonsense.

And how many fans will spend that in the pub watching the game. £45 isn't too bad a price but it is the trave/accommodation costs which bump up the costs for ICT fans.