Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

12 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

‘High risk’ game (not my words) as it’s between two rivals this year, so the police wanted an earlier kick off. Apparently loads of trouble at the 2011 semi-final between the two, that was also the last year an FA Cup Final kicked off at 3pm. 

I wonder if it was Celtic and rangers final would the KO time be changed. Surely high risk too. Guess would have went for the 12:45 in that case 

19 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I wonder if it was Celtic and rangers final would the KO time be changed. Surely high risk too. Guess would have went for the 12:45 in that case 

I think it's the fact that both City and United fans will have to travel from Manchester to London for the game that makes the English authorities want to move the kick off time.  

I don't know the last time an Old Firm game kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday.  Must be decades ago.

The best way to protest will be to for anyone with a ticket near to where Viaplay are doing their post-match analysis to jump into their studio and superglue a dildo onto Michael Stewarts head.

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Hampden and the surrounding area is outside the the zone. Think it stops at the river on that side. 

And I know the M8 is clear but there's always the temptation to go into the city then park and train out to MF.

16 hours ago, RiG said:

There is almost no chance of any extra trains being put on by Scotrail for this one. 

It was a major operation to get that in 2014. It was for the LC final and was facilitated by the SPFL.. I'm unsure if it could be done again but it is easier to police than everyone on normal services. Also going to be a problem with bus availability. Even in 2015 the buses brought in from elsewhere were extortionate so would probably be unaffordable now 

Jock Stein won the European Cup with a team from Glasgow + Bobby Lennox.

Angie hasn't won the European Championship but he's kept up Celtics Irish tradition by signing Flynn O'Furuhashi,  Eammon O'Hatate, Fintan Aidan Iwata and Connor O' Maeda.

Bhoys all.

Edited by SandyCromarty

15 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What a f*ck*ng disgrace. I would have been watching the Scottish Cup Final anyway, and have zero interest in the millionaires final in England. As someone said earlier absolutely no one with any connection with either club was/is wanting this. Shocking.

If there was a scintilla of a chance of ICT winning this then it would be required viewing for all. However as Celtic will have scored twice within the first ten minutes it will be a tedious display of pointlessness played out to a background of bigots singing 'party songs'. Unless you're a fan of either team I don't understand how anyone who enjoys watching football would watch that over a Manchester derby FA Cup Final. 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

For Caley fans driving down Glasgow city will be an LEZ on the 1st of June so do a vehicle check to see if your car complies, if not it is a financial penalty.

Think horses and carts are exempt. 

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

If there was a scintilla of a chance of ICT winning this then it would be required viewing for all. However as Celtic will have scored twice within the first ten minutes it will be a tedious display of pointlessness played out to a background of bigots singing 'party songs'. Unless you're a fan of either team I don't understand how anyone who enjoys watching football would watch that over a Manchester derby FA Cup Final. 

I used to watch English football on a regular basis for decades. To me, English football is now all about theatrics at the top end of the teams, and insipid pish at the lower end. Everyone to their own, but I would watch any Scottish football over the tourist shite from South of the border. 

If there was a scintilla of a chance of ICT winning this then it would be required viewing for all. However as Celtic will have scored twice within the first ten minutes it will be a tedious display of pointlessness

Replace Man Utd with ICT and Man City with Celtic and you have just described the FA Cup final.

Overhyped tourist league pish.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Because they enjoy Scottish football?

The FA Cup final may look well poised due to the names of the two teams but the odds have City ~80% chance of lifting the trophy (~63% of winning in 90 minutes). It could be just as one-sided as Celtic-Inverness.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

As you are an Albion Rovers fan I fully understand your footballing frustration, who wouldn't, but for us Caley fans it's a great day out and some great camaraderie regardless of the result plus throw in a much needed million pounds for us.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

As you are an Albion Rovers fan I fully understand your footballing frustration, who wouldn't, but for us Caley fans it's a great day out and some great camaraderie regardless of the result plus throw in a much needed million pounds for us.

Exactly, great for the fans of the two clubs, Caley especially. But unless something wonderful happens not for me.

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Of course, people said that about the Celtic-ICT cup ties in 2000, 2003 and 2015.

Yes, the gap is bigger now, but a big team v a wee team is always more interesting that two munnybags teams who play each other often anyway turning out again for MOAR MUNNY.

40 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Of course, people said that about the Celtic-ICT cup ties in 2000, 2003 and 2015.

Yes, the gap is bigger now, but a big team v a wee team is always more interesting that two munnybags teams who play each other often anyway turning out again for MOAR MUNNY.

Did anyone say that about us in 2015? It will always be a shock result but I don’t think that many people would have been surprised by it at all. We were by far the third best team in the country.

Exactly, great for the fans of the two clubs, Caley especially. But unless something wonderful happens not for me.

Your take on this is why people from Inverness, etc,  "support" the gruesome twosome. 

10 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Hampden and the surrounding area is outside the the zone. Think it stops at the river on that side. 

The LEZ extends to and includes Hampden and sanctions should apply for those with high emissions

Spoiler

celtic-smelly-fans.jpg.5dff3cdb339657270cdcf0a432a5f240.jpg

23 hours ago, The Master said:

I hope the FA Cup final goes to extra time and penalties now. 

After multiple lengthy VAR stoppages, a stoppage for a pitch invader and at least two stoppages to let the smoke from pyro clear.

Chuck in some long stoppages for injuries and playacting as well.

Edited by DA Baracus