John Beaton X1 v Aberdeen

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it will have been checked and decided it doesn’t meet the threshold for clear and obvious. Which I don’t have that much issue with tbh. 

It will definitely have been checked for a possible penalty missed by the on-field referee  , but even the VAR was unable to find anything to show that Duk fouled Goldson inside the Aberdeen penalty box.

It wasnt a penalty because the contact was initiated outside the box. But for Beaton and the assistant to not think it was a foul is absolutely fucking mental. Not a huge difference between that tackle and the one that cochrance got sent off for at tynecastle. 

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It wasnt a penalty because the contact was initiated outside the box. But for Beaton and the assistant to not think it was a foul is absolutely fucking mental. Not a huge difference between that tackle and the one that cochrance got sent off for at tynecastle. 

That is not correct

If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It wasnt a penalty because the contact was initiated outside the box. 

Anthony Stewart's red card at Paisley on Christmas Eve was for a not dissimilar foul/wrestle that started outside the box and carried on into it.  The punishment of being a man down in 40mins, turned into red card plus penalty kick once VAR had been consulted - and St Mirren went on to win a match they had been behind in.

They were happy enough to consult VAR in that match, but nothing to see here when it's against the home side at Ibrox.  Proving yet again, that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Anthony Stewart's red card at Paisley on Christmas Eve was for a not dissimilar foul/wrestle that started outside the box and carried on into it.  The punishment of being a man down in 40mins, turned into red card plus penalty kick once VAR had been consulted - and St Mirren went on to win a match they had been behind in.

They were happy enough to consult VAR in that match, but nothing to see here when it's against the home side at Ibrox.  Proving yet again, that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Do we know that VAR wasn’t consulted here?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Do we know that VAR wasn’t consulted here?

The VAR isn't consulted. The VAR checks play and if they deem something wrong they will ask the referee to have another look on his TV screen. In this case the VAR apparently didn't think it warranted another look.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The VAR isn't consulted. The VAR checks play and if they deem something wrong they will ask the referee to have another look on his TV screen. In this case the VAR apparently didn't think it warranted another look.

Tomayto/Tomahto. I’m aware of how the process works, I was simply using the same language used by the person I quoted so they understood what part of their post I was querying (which is clear from the context of their post they meant VAR reviewing the incident).

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Tomayto/Tomahto. I’m aware of how the process works, I was simply using the same language used by the person I quoted so they understood what part of their post I was querying.

You need to work on your communication skills. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You need to work on your communication skills. 

I’d argue that mirroring the language of someone you’re conversing with to increase the likelihood they understand what you are saying is good communication. But what do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️ I never realised this was an English class.

47 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’d argue that mirroring the language of someone you’re conversing with to increase the likelihood they understand what you are saying is good communication. But what do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️ I never realised this was an English class.

Funny you should say that because I'm presently invigilating Higher English.