John Beaton X1 v Aberdeen

It's always very likely that Rangers will score at Ibrox, even against a good defensive team like us recently, so you need to take at least one chance when they present and we didn't do that at 0-0. I don't think there was much wrong with our overall approach, but we - and Duk in particular - just weren't clinical when we needed to be. 

Pretty much as expected. 

We did the things you need to do there to win (defend well and be brave/carry a threat) but we missed our big chances and there’s every chance they take one. 

We’ve had key moments go our way a lot recently in games, today they didn’t. We move on. 

Pretty poor stuff. Aberdeen were unlucky not to take something from the game. 

McCrorie put in a solid performance as did Cantwell and I thought Souttar was pretty composed, would like to see him ahead of Davies going forward. Wright had a decent cameo but after watching Matondo and Sakala for 60 minutes it would be almost impossible not to look semi competent. Massive turnover needed in the summer. 

Just listened on the radio, but sounded as if we did ok but missed a couple of decent chances. Does Scott Wright only ever get a game against us, never hear about him otherwise. We need to win our next three games to give us an easy last day. Not easy, but possible. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Did anyone watching think we should have had a penalty? It seems that Goldson is unable to give away a penalty this season no matter how hard he tries.

Looking at the replay, I thought Goldson might have stopped fouling Duk by the time he entered the box, but it was bizarre not to at least give a free-kick.

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Looking at the replay, I thought Goldson might have stopped fouling Duk by the time he entered the box, but it was bizarre not to at least give a free-kick.

I assumed he’d played advantage as duk keeps going. 

But nope, literally gave nothing. Unbelievable scenes 

Aside from the obvious, scoring goals, I actually thought overall we played better today than we did against The Rangers two weeks ago. Miovski looked really good. Disappointed with Duk however he's been brilliant all season. Pollock, Scales and Roos were our best players. Morris looked lively when he came on and appears to have physically bulked up.

I know for a fact, David Roome, the linesman (who was closest to the Goldson/Duk incident) is a diehard The Rangers fan.

That's at least two officials who are The Rangers supporters officiating today.

Cantwell should have seen red for the push on Scales. Sadly you become accustomed to these types of decisions when playing The Rangers.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

20 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aside from the obvious, scoring goals, I actually thought overall we played better today than we did against The Rangers two weeks ago. Miovski looked really good. Disappointed with Duk however he's been brilliant all season. Pollock, Scales and Roos were our best players. Morris looked lively when he came on and appears to have physically bulked up.

I know for a fact, David Roome, the linesman (who was closest to the Goldson/Duk incident) is a diehard The Rangers fan.

That's at least two officials who are The Rangers supporters officiating today.

Cantwell should have seen red for the push on Scales. Sadly you become accustomed to these types of decisions when playing The Rangers.

It’s up to the club to call it out. 
Until they do the SFA will get away with it 

3 of the last 4 that cheat has refereed in this fixture. 
6 of the last 12.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Probably should have drawn that based on the three goals Duk could have had.

A bit disappointed with the lack of urgency from us in the last ten minutes or so. Half of that Rangers team are already on the beach.

Alfredo Morelos.

WTF is the point in him? 

If I was Mick the spiv, I’d play a 16 year old from the development team rather than that fat waste of oxygen. 

In my opinion, it was another match played in Glasgow devoid of passion, a will to win and defeat-accepting performance. The opposite of what we saw at Pittodrie in the last match.

On the positive side, we were ok in central defence again, and Morris look promising for the first time since he arrived at Pittodrie when he came on.

We missed McCrorie and I'd quite happily never watch Coulson in an Aberdeen shirt again (and the same applies to Watkins).

We'll see if this defeat was costly or not when Hearts go there in the second last game of the season.

I was hopeful that Robson could get us competitive in these matches in Glasgow but the first two isn't particularly promising but early days I suppose.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

In my opinion, it was another match played in Glasgow devoid of passion, a will to win and defeat-accepting performance. The opposite of what we saw at Pittodrie in the last match.

On the positive side, we were ok in central defence again, and Morris look promising for the first time since he arrived at Pittodrie when he came on.

We missed McCrorie and I'd quite happily never watch Coulson in an Aberdeen shirt again (and the same applies to Watkins).

We'll see if this defeat was costly or not when Hearts go there in the second last game of the season.

I was hopeful that Robson could get us competitive in these matches in Glasgow but the first two isn't particularly promising but early days I suppose.

I thought it was actually a fairly similar approach to the one we took at Pittodrie, with a lot of the same qualities. We certainly had better chances today than we did a couple of weeks ago - backed up by a slightly higher xG of 1.19 today compared to 0.94 at Pittodrie (with Rangers also down from 1.90 at Pittodrie to 1.45). That doesn't tell the full story, of course, but at least gives an indication. 

The main difference between the games and performances was that we managed to score two goals at Pittodrie, one highly fortuitous and the other an extremely well-executed but relatively low-percentage chance. But we didn't score any today despite actually creating a better quality of opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought it was actually a fairly similar approach to the one we took at Pittodrie, with a lot of the same qualities. We certainly had better chances today than we did a couple of weeks ago - backed up by a slightly higher xG of 1.19 today compared to 0.94 at Pittodrie (with Rangers also down from 1.90 at Pittodrie to 1.45). That doesn't tell the full story, of course, but at least gives an indication. 

The main difference between the games and performances was that we managed to score two goals at Pittodrie, one highly fortuitous and the other an extremely well-executed but relatively low-percentage chance. But we didn't score any today despite actually creating a better quality of opportunity. 

Correct.