Motherwell v Killie

I appreciate Killie fans will be sick of answering this but just what explains the difference in home and away form? Ok the pitch but there must be more to it than that.

They've been the second worst side seen at FP this season by an absolutely comical margin.

Weird game. From the farce at the start to the fact it was incredibly stop-start, but there were actually some great moments of quality (pretty much all from us quite honestly). After watching the QP-Dundee game rattle away unimpeded for 90 minutes- VAR is just a joy sucking pile of shite and it annoys me more each passing week that we meekly accepted it.

Like others - I think that if the disallowed 2nd had gone in, it would have been a comfortable day but the nerves were beginning to build. The most satisfying thing in football other than a late winner/equaliser is a late goal to clinch a game after you feel you're hanging on - and it was lovely when it eventually happened.

I thought Butcher was our MOTM today - KVV provided some brilliant entertainment though. My favourite moment was Polworth coming on and sweeping a raking pass straight out of play with not a Killie player within 50 yards of it.

Safe now - roll on next season and giving some other players a chance in the remaining games.

I thought Clancy was manipulated today, after a succession of free kicks against us we got on his case and he started blowing for nothing such that the linesmen had to start flagging.

There were a number of heavy challenges but most of the yellows were for tugging a man back.

Edited by ropy

34 minutes ago, Swami said:

That McGinn miss is even worse than it looked at the game. 

At the game I had no idea what had happened - I was convinced it had gone in.

Typical Killie away performance. Just let teams walk through us for a goal from their first shot. It all starts with Power - he tries to press the man, gets done, and doesn't have the legs to get back goal side so does a light jog - in the third minute of the game. 

Said on the way up we wouldn't cope with KVV and was sadly proven right. Thought he absolutely bodied our defence today. In fairness he is an absolutely tremendous player but the defence looked like strangers who didn't know each other and hadn't done their research on him.

Saw the subs warming up and said to my old man he would take Robbo off instead of Doidge. Absolutely maddening. I would genuinely play Kris Boyd, at his age and weight, than Doidge up front. He is so hopeless its a joke. 

On a random note, the big guy leading the "Motherwell bois" (who must have about 12 pubes between them) gave me a laugh - literally didn't watch a single second of the action. What an oddball.

11 hours ago, ropy said:

I didn’t think Killie were too bad in the general flow of the game but they created nothing in front of goal.

I thought we were rotten and were lucky to only lose by 2 goals.  If Motherwell had scored 4 or 5 we couldn't have complained.

It was obvious after less than 10 minutes the back 3 wasn't working yet our' tactical genius' didn't change it until well into the 2nd half.   If he was going to persist with 3 at the back he should have started Mayo IMO. 

How that team can put in a performance like that after their display against St Mirren baffles me. Probably most of it is down to Motherwell getting their tactics correct and stopping us from creating too many chances. 

As an aside, and he wasn't a factor in the result, Clancy was an utter joke yesterday to both teams.  Utterly hopeless who was kept right by both of his linesmen doing their jobs properly.

15 hours ago, ropy said:

What was Goss meant to have done, at what point of the play was it?  We had no idea who was being considered for foul play.

Another issue with VAR. Until I read this I thought it was Van Veen being checked due to his gesticulating at the ref and their long conversations. I know there was a delay at the start but it was nearly 4pm before the first half finished. A shambles of a system. 

13 hours ago, Swello said:

Weird game. From the farce at the start to the fact it was incredibly stop-start, but there were actually some great moments of quality (pretty much all from us quite honestly). After watching the QP-Dundee game rattle away unimpeded for 90 minutes- VAR is just a joy sucking pile of shite and it annoys me more each passing week that we meekly accepted it.

Like others - I think that if the disallowed 2nd had gone in, it would have been a comfortable day but the nerves were beginning to build. The most satisfying thing in football other than a late winner/equaliser is a late goal to clinch a game after you feel you're hanging on - and it was lovely when it eventually happened.

I thought Butcher was our MOTM today - KVV provided some brilliant entertainment though. My favourite moment was Polworth coming on and sweeping a raking pass straight out of play with not a Killie player within 50 yards of it.

Safe now - roll on next season and giving some other players a chance in the remaining games.

No offence to Kelly but Butcher is 100% the Captain in my eyes. It’s no coincidence we turned things around the same time when he came on board. Obviously, Kettlewell has helped 😉

12 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

On a random note, the big guy leading the "Motherwell bois" (who must have about 12 pubes between them) gave me a laugh - literally didn't watch a single second of the action. What an oddball.

I've watched them afore and wondered why they don't watch the game at all really.

15 hours ago, CoF said:

Who is our last player to score 7 league games in a row? 

It wasn't Porter, Sutton, Moult, McDonald or Higdon. 

I thought this at the game yesterday, so I dug out the Well Again book and checked. It would seem it was a chap named Ogilvie in the 1937/38 season, I don't think St John quite did get 7 in a row according to the book.

46 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

No offence to Kelly but Butcher is 100% the Captain in my eyes. It’s no coincidence we turned things around the same time when he came on board. Obviously, Kettlewell has helped 😉

3rd best defence 

16 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I assume it was winning the ball just before the goal? So if KVV was onside would they have went back and looked to see if the Goss challenge was a foul in the build up?

mental.

The thought of Sean Goss being considered as a hatchet man baffles me.