24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Did I suggest he was? 

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No one suggested that at all 😂

It’s a simple point that Ralston has plenty of time to develop and if you look at where he is compared to where Tav was at the same age then there is no reason why he can’t improve like Tavernier has.

Johnston on the other hand is already a better defender than Tavernier 😉

You waffled on about age, potential and Tav's previous career which has nothing to do with what I said, and then shift it to a Johnstone v Tav debate.

In that sense, you get what you pay for. Celtic must've paid, what, ten or fifteen times the amount for Johnstone than we paid for Tavernier? And even at that, you have only been able to claim he is a better defender rather than a better player.

Edited by AJF

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye but are either of them as good as Busquets?

This has clearly gone over your head - ironic given we're now talking about Tav, but for clarity, the Busquets comment was obviously firmly tongue in cheek. 

Would say Tavernier has more technical ability than Ralston, but he's also a massive loser and it's hilarious that you lot have him in your hall of fame. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

I've been a season ticket holder since the 90s, seeing a good few relegation scraps, and I've seen Hearts relegated twice, but a season where we finish top six and probably qualify for Europe is enough to make me chuck it.

You've got me...

My mind was made up months ago. I posted about it on a few threads on this site.

I really hope you reconsider because from a purely selfish perspective you're one of the better posters here. I am not sure that Burton will fill your soul like Hearts do, but I wish you all your best.

I agree with you about the insufferablity of Celtic fans, I think a lot of it is arrogance, particularly driven by Grey Jumper Man. 

50 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I really hope you reconsider because from a purely selfish perspective you're one of the better posters here. I am not sure that Burton will fill your soul like Hearts do, but I wish you all your best.

I agree with you about the insufferablity of Celtic fans, I think a lot of it is arrogance, particularly driven by Grey Jumper Man. 

You're very kind.

Don't fret, I'll probably still be posting shite on here, as nobody where I live talks about Scottish fitba, so you're all stuck with me on here. I'll just be watching Hearts much less.

I'll be at Aberdeen away for sure, probably a Dundee trip per season, and the away derbies until my loyalty points slip low enough to miss out and there's none spare for me to get one through a mate etc. But my Hearts-going will be limited to a few select good days out per season rather than what it's been since I was a kid, which is pretty much all but five or six games a season. If we're in Europe I'll be doing an away. That kind of thing.

I'll be a 5 games a season punter, probably. Every couple of months sounds about right.

There's loads of reasons. VAR as a matchday experience, the impact VAR has had on the culture of the game, the fact that we're all watching something that only two (one?) teams can win, the exorbitant cost relative to quality, the constantly shifting kick-off times. It's been coming for years, to be honest.

Our last three league games against Celtic have all been VAR-ed to death. Plus the home derby win over Hibs. Ross County away. St Johnstone away. All fitba matches fucked by having VAR in them. Some we won, some we lost. They were all shite. I've got to the point where I don't want to pay to watch it all the time any more.

Only six home 3pms this season for this shite? And not many more Saturday 3pm aways. * I just checked, it's five away Saturday 3pms. Even allowing for Europe, it's daft that we're in May and have only had 11 of 34 Saturday 3pm games. We'll finish the season with fewer than one in three of our games being Saturday 3pm. Even without Europe, that's not going to change the OF games, some derbies, assorted away games being moved for tv/PPV.

At least one of my group of mates is joining me in binning it.

I'll always be a Hearts supporter. You can't change that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, AJF said:

You waffled on about age, potential and Tav's previous career which has nothing to do with what I said, and then shift it to a Johnstone v Tav debate.

In that sense, you get what you pay for. Celtic must've paid, what, ten or fifteen times the amount for Johnstone than we paid for Tavernier? And even at that, you have only been able to claim he is a better defender rather than a better player.

You are taking what are obviously flippant, tongue in cheek comments very very literally because you are a self confessed Tav fanboy.

The Johnston comment was clearly bait hence the reference to defender and the obvious 😉 at the end and you still try to two foot it. 

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You are taking what are obviously flippant, tongue in cheek comments very very literally because you are a self confessed Tav fanboy.

The Johnston comment was clearly bait hence the reference to defender and the obvious 😉 at the end and you still try to two foot it. 

I could have sworn there was a special bit of the forum just for this sort of Old Firm cock measuring nonsense.