6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I have mixed feelings about this game would like some of our fringe players get some game time but still want Hearts pumped so they don't get 3rd.

You haven’t won anything yet. Title is up for grabs. Get them skelped by a healthy margin. 

Feel like we're due a result vs Celtic tbh. We seem to play well against them only to fall just short, which is mad considering how bad we look every time we play Rangers.

Don't want to say it's a must win for us given the opposition, but we really do need something from this game otherwise we can pretty much write off 3rd in the opening weekend of post-split fixtures.

Edited by Connor1874

15 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Feel like we're due a result vs Celtic tbh. We seem to play well against them only to fall just short, which is mad considering how bad we look every time we play Rangers.

Don't want to say it's a must win for us given the opposition, but we really do need something from this game otherwise we can pretty much write off 1st in the opening weekend of post-split fixtures.

I would suggest you could already write off 1st but I suppose until Celtic are officially crowned champions then who am I to stop you believing. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I would suggest you could already write off 1st but I suppose until Celtic are officially crowned champions then who am I to stop you believing. 

:lol: oops. Naismith-ball has got me swept away.

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

Don't want to say it's a must win for us given the opposition, but we really do need something from this game otherwise we can pretty much write off 3rd in the opening weekend of post-split fixtures.

Why?

if you remain 5 behind Aberdeen until you play us, you can go to within two points with two games to go. 

38 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Why?

if you remain 5 behind Aberdeen until you play us, you can go to within two points with two games to go. 

I think the general mindset is that you will beat Hibs and St Mirren at home. We need to beat the Dons no questions asked, but I feel we need another 2 wins on top of that. If we don't get that on Sunday, we're left with St Mirren and Rangers away, and a derby, in which to win 2 matches.

Just my opinion of course. 5 points from 5 games isn't a huge gap to turn around, but given the fixtures in the split, we just don't have the time to rely on other teams helping us out by taking points off Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I think the general mindset is that you will beat Hibs and St Mirren at home. We need to beat the Dons no questions asked, but I feel we need another 2 wins on top of that. If we don't get that on Sunday, we're left with St Mirren and Rangers away, and a derby, in which to win 2 matches.

Just my opinion of course. 5 points from 5 games isn't a huge gap to turn around, but given the fixtures in the split, we just don't have the time to rely on other teams helping us out by taking points off Aberdeen.

IF after you play us at Tynecastle and are say only two behind, Aberdeen’s arse will be twitching like a rabbit’s nose.

In any sport, a “losing lead” is the hardest one.