Edinburgh v Airdrieonians

Would be nice to see out the season with a win against Edinburgh, but not all together bothered about how it goes or where we finish in the table. Won’t be there but rest the key players and avoid any injuries or suspensions and I’ll be a happy man come 17:00 tomorrow 

3 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Fair play to any Airdrie fan actually going to this tomorrow 👏 

Fair play to any Edinburgh fan actually going to this meaningless fixture tomorrow!

I'm certainly not bothering!

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Would be nice to see out the season with a win against Edinburgh, but not all together bothered about how it goes or where we finish in the table. Won’t be there but rest the key players and avoid any injuries or suspensions and I’ll be a happy man come 17:00 tomorrow 

Would be nice to get back to winning,Just don't like Airdrie getting beat any match ,

Not holding up much hope for this one.  I’ve really enjoyed our last 3 meetings for obvious reasons but Airdrie have been flying the last couple of months and we’ve just been limping along.  Hoping Airdrie will be resting players for the play-offs unless they really want that 3rd Place.

Missing out on this one and just want to avoid injury etc and given our record against the home team, maybe I'm optimistic in predicting a draw. 

With the Championship table being known tonight I'd suspect both Alloa and us will be working out who takes on the Championship 9th place. 

Will watch the ceefax/teleprinter tomorrow.

5 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Fair play to any Airdrie fan actually going to this tomorrow 👏 

The Airdrie section is sold out for tomorrow AND see on twitter you're asking for more tickets, so probably be a lot more Airdrie fans than home fans there.

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

The Airdrie section is sold out for tomorrow AND see on twitter you're asking for more tickets, so probably be a lot more Airdrie fans than home fans there.

Aye we could rest players, injuries can be picked up warming up you just don't know ,get the first team playing let's try and take the points,

20 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Fair play to any Edinburgh fan actually going to this meaningless fixture tomorrow!

I'm certainly not bothering!

Well I’m in my seat !!!! Airdrie will be expected to win this one but hopefully their minds will be on the playoffs and we sneak a win to end the season on a good note.

Note to all Airdrie fans from an ex Hamilton Accies fan - hope you meet them in the play off final and send the buggers down to League One !!!!!

29 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Poor Salim. If he can’t get a start today then he never will.

I think it's safe to say that Sal will be on the freed list. Shame, obviously bad injury hampered him but he needs to get fitter.

Well done Airdrie on a convincing win - we will need to seriously improve if we want to stay in League One next season - I should be happy with 6th place in the league considering we were the favourites for relegation but I’m not - 

Is there anything to the rumour that the money man has chucked it at FC Edinburgh? If so playing “17 going under” at full time is quite apt.

Some quality goals and finally breaking the Edinburgh City hoodoo. Must say though Taylor-Sinclair and Byrd were the most composed centre back pairing we’ve seen all season. McMaster stroller it in the middle and Telfer had the best game in weeks.

Albeit it was a dead rubber, but good to get some momentum going to the play-offs.

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

I know this was a bit of a nothing game but Edinburgh treating it as a training match was a bit disappointing.  Oh well, on to next season.

Yeah it was a bit woeful. First time I've been along in a while. It is a blessing that City didn't make it near the play offs as we'd have been mullered by whoever we played. 

Overall a successful season, given that we were everyone's favourites for bottom place. I think it will be a much changed club at the start of next season, with Chairman Jim gone. I'd guess half of the first team squad as well. Owner Tom is trying to sell, so will the funds dry up? Alan Maybury has done a decent job but I feel his stature has been dented by a truly dreadful run from mid January onwards.

And whisper it - if Spartans get promoted to League 2 then they would be the 3rd team in Edinburgh by size of fanbase.