15 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Will Greenock Morton FC ever play in the top league again?

IMG_1667.jpeg.1cdf943afaadec98c080e2357056b6f5.jpeg

Surely they can’t red this guy?

Most of the Morten fans on P&B never even saw him play. 

Edited by Molotov

Really is sad that the best they ever really achieve is midtable mediocrity in the second tier. Can't think of a more depressing team to support. Maybe QotS? But then they've even had a wee European jaunt and a Scottish Cup Final which is pretty fucking decent tbf. @Monkey Tennis @Skyline Drifter How many years was your record for being the constant team in the Championship/First Division and are Morton close to breaking that record?

How sad do you have to be to take time out on the night your team wins the league, to slag off a team who missed out on a play off place tonight?

I met a few Dundee fans tonight and was happy to congratulate them on a deserved win. They wished my team the best in the play offs. It's reassuring too know that not all your fans are arseholes.

8 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

How sad do you have to be to take time out on the night your team wins the league, to slag off a team who missed out on a play off place tonight?

I met a few Dundee fans tonight and was happy to congratulate them on a deserved win. They wished my team the best in the play offs. It's reassuring too know that not all your fans are arseholes.

Think they were taking the piss out of you tbf. Any notion of Dundee fans wishing a cheating, tinpot outfit like Morten any luck is fanciful. 

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really is sad that the best they ever really achieve is midtable mediocrity in the second tier. Can't think of a more depressing team to support. Maybe QotS? But then they've even had a wee European jaunt and a Scottish Cup Final which is pretty fucking decent tbf. @Monkey Tennis @Skyline Drifter How many years was your record for being the constant team in the Championship/First Division and are Morton close to breaking that record?

Our recent run of being there wasn't unbroken.  

We were there from 2002 until 2012, then again from 2013 up to 2022.

Believe me - we're a more depressing team to support since vacating the premises.

This year in the Championship has been high on drama (ridiculously so last night) and very low on quality.  It was a great chance for Morton to finally clamber up to the top league for the first time this millenium, with no team dominating everyone else.  Finishing 5th is ultimately a very poor result given that they have often looked well-organised and have ground out some decent wins. 

I'm not sure how we finished above them tbh given that we spent much of it ousting our horrible old board, and changed our manager after the old one contrived to lose six games in a row mid-season.  Still, never mind, and thanks for some good laughs this year, Dougie.

Imrie.jpg

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

Next season marks the diamond jubilee of Queens last season in the top flight. 

Indeed.  

I was thinking about this and I reckon Queen of the South is the biggest club not to have played in the top flight during my lifetime.

8 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Must admit if find this thread really weird. Must have Morton in the head.