Buddies v Jambos 13/05/23

3 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It was a total bodycheck on an opponent who was cruising past him. I thought it was a clear yellow - about the only call the ref got right all day.

Fair enough if that's the case. I just thought the yellow was harsh given what others got away with that day - Halliday in particular. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Only ourselves to blame - again. Robbo’ is great for us, but that second half was bollocks from him and the team.

I think Hearts changed things, rather than us really. When the full backs get pushed back, as they did 2nd half, the midfield gets overrun and the attack can't press their back line as hard.

What we probably need is a back up plan - I don't think we really have options to change formation, but I'd have liked us to go 4 in midfield to help the defence clear and push Hearts forwards back a bit. 

I have no issue with Robinson taking Taylor off. As we saw, the referee was all over the place, even an innocuous foul from Taylor could well have seem him sent off. I feel a bit sorry for Taylor as he was having a decent game, his yellow was justified but as has been said there were worse fouls in the game that went unpunished. 

Yeah, I don't necessarily think you have to take off ever player on a booking, but when the lunatic ref who has completely lost the plot tells you he's going to send the guy off first chance he gets it's probably wise just to make the sub.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

I think Hearts changed things,

To be fair, nobody could blame anyone in the St Mirren camp for being caught out by that. Under Neilson there was more chance of Harry McKirdy scoring a goal than a Hearts team changing tactics (at all, far less effectively) at half time.

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

To be fair, nobody could blame anyone in the St Mirren camp for being caught out by that. Under Neilson there was more chance of Harry McKirdy scoring a goal than a Hearts team changing tactics (at all, far less effectively) at half time.

Well probably but Atkinson coming on for Halliday was a good change. I'm not sure I understand what formation Hearts were playing- was Halliday left wing back as BBC are suggesting?

8 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Well probably but Atkinson coming on for Halliday was a good change. I'm not sure I understand what formation Hearts were playing- was Halliday left wing back as BBC are suggesting?

It was - that's what I meant. Naismith made a decent tactical switch at half time - something Neilson was seemingly incapable of doing.

Halliday at LB/LWB is a carry over from the Neilson days too - he's the same there as elsewhere to be honest, a 5/10 most weeks, sometimes up to a 6 or 7, sometimes down to a 3 or 4.