Scottish Cup 2023/24

Marten

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Any news on the date for the Clyde v Jeanfield game

Saints are at Hearts that weekend so if its not the Saturday i would guess Jeanfield will bring a decent support and after watching that game on Monday fancy their chances of making the 4th round.

Hamilton are at home to Kelty so might not be the Saturday. Think similar happened last season and Clyde were a 5.30 kick off - might be wrong on that though, can’t actually find anything about it. 

Edit - aye Third Round last year, Hamilton and Clyde both drawn at home. Both played on the Saturday -Hamilton 2.30 kick off, Clyde 7.45 kick off. 

Edited by PSJ.84

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hamilton are at home to Kelty so might not be the Saturday. Think similar happened last season and Clyde were a 5.30 kick off - might be wrong on that though, can’t actually find anything about it. 

Edit - aye Third Round last year, Hamilton and Clyde both drawn at home. Both played on the Saturday -Hamilton 2.30 kick off, Clyde 7.45 kick off. 

id certainly consider going from Tynecaste to NDP if that were the case.

4 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

id certainly consider going from Tynecaste to NDP if that were the case.

Selfishly I’m hoping it’s moved to the Friday. A night out in Edinburgh is on the cards after Tynecastle. Saturday evening is probably ideal for the vast majority though. 

38 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Accies have spoken about wanting more Friday night games so there's a chance we could use this opportunity to move ours to the Friday. 

On 02/11/2023 at 18:49, Bully Wee Villa said:

Picking all-league games for live television when there are loads of non-league teams left is boring as f**k.

Especially when it's a league fixture highly likely to be shown on BBC Scotland on a Friday night. A frankly weird selection. 

On 05/11/2023 at 16:32, TheScarf said:

Especially when it's a league fixture highly likely to be shown on BBC Scotland on a Friday night. A frankly weird selection. 

It’s frankly weird that anyone is even slightly surprised at the pick when it was blatantly obvious it would get chosen as soon as the draw was made.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s frankly weird that anyone is even slightly surprised at the pick when it was blatantly obvious it would get chosen as soon as the draw was made.

It's a fixture that's clearly a run of the mill one which is has been played about 400 times in the last decade and one which no one outside the supporters of the 2 clubs care about. A lazy, weird pick from the BBC. 

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's a fixture that's clearly a run of the mill one which is has been played about 400 times in the last decade and one which no one outside the supporters of the 2 clubs care about. A lazy, weird pick from the BBC. 

Oh yes, because so many people would care about seeing Dunbar vs Alloa or Tranent vs Forfar right enough.

It was very obvious which game would be chosen for TV when the draw was made. If you don’t like the pick then I suppose you can just not watch it?

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Oh yes, because so many people would care about seeing Dunbar vs Alloa or Tranent vs Forfar right enough.

It was very obvious which game would be chosen for TV when the draw was made. If you don’t like the pick then I suppose you can just not watch it?

I'd much rather watch those two fixtures, featuring clubs I've never seen play before, over some boring, run of the mill, played 400 times a decade game between two jobber clubs most Scottish football fans are completely nonplussed about.  It's a lazy as fuck choice from the BBC.

On 06/11/2023 at 14:47, realmadrid said:

Official highlights of Saturday's last remaining round 2 tie are now available.

Did I miss the announcement about Scottish Gas sponsoring the Cup??? When did that happen? I presume they've sponsered it for the equivalent of a packet of polos and a bottle of 7-Up?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd much rather watch those two fixtures, featuring clubs I've never seen play before, over some boring, run of the mill, played 400 times a decade game between two jobber clubs most Scottish football fans are completely nonplussed about.  It's a lazy as f**k choice from the BBC.

Weird - it’s almost as if they didn’t consider your own personal preferences when selecting which game to choose?

I would genuinely tune in deliberately to see one or two teams I'd never seen before on the telly.

Fife derby? Hmm, if it comes on while I'm sitting there I'll watch for a bit. Otherwise, who cares really.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

Did I miss the announcement about Scottish Gas sponsoring the Cup??? When did that happen? I presume they've sponsered it for the equivalent of a packet of polos and a bottle of 7-Up?

Just the 5 months ago, in a widely publicised arrangement.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23570724.sfa-agree-scottish-gas-deal-sponsor-mens-womens-scottish-cup/

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Weird - it’s almost as if they didn’t consider your own personal preferences when selecting which game to choose?

Why would they? That's a pretty stupid thing to suggest.