Proposed new rule for agm

Surprisingly no mention of this proposed rule change for next months AGM.
Could save 2 of the teams involved in the relegation dogfight if this goes ahead.  So going to finish our season on 27th May and by 11th June AGM we could be relegated having fought all season to get out the bottom six.

NEW RULE:

G - RELEGATION TO 4th DIVISION FOR SFA LICENSED CLUBS Insert new rule

Existing WoSFL teams with an SFA License cannot be relegated to Division 4 from Division 3. This rule change to be implemented for the start of next season.

Proposed: Carluke Rovers FC,   Seconded: Gartcairn FC

apparently the intention is to bring this in immediately, surely this can’t be right!

That's really embarrassing from both Carluke and Gartcairn and both are just as bad as the Lowland League in trying to stop relegation.

It should be voted down though I think? Even although my team is licensed if they aren't good enough on the pitch during any given season and finish in bottom 3 / relegation places then they deserve to go down should not be able to stay up as we have an SFA license thats ridiculous.

1 hour ago, millie-bourne said:

Surprisingly no mention of this proposed rule change for next months AGM.
Could save 2 of the teams involved in the relegation dogfight if this goes ahead.  So going to finish our season on 27th May and by 11th June AGM we could be relegated having fought all season to get out the bottom six.

NEW RULE:

G - RELEGATION TO 4th DIVISION FOR SFA LICENSED CLUBS Insert new rule

Existing WoSFL teams with an SFA License cannot be relegated to Division 4 from Division 3. This rule change to be implemented for the start of next season.

Proposed: Carluke Rovers FC,   Seconded: Gartcairn FC

apparently the intention is to bring this in immediately, surely this can’t be right!

Fake news.

This was not among the proposed changes to the WoSFL constitution and rules presented to delegates at the April meeting.

So this is to save Carluke this season, meaning they are going to be licensed at the SFA AGM and that 13th place will be relegated instead?

Any other major changes proposed at the AGM - wasn't there one to make it so that 4th place could be promoted if required rather than 14th being reprieved? 

In the EOS, licensed Hawick Royal Albert have been relegated to the lowest (third) division without kicking up this kind of fuss, everyone knew the situation before the season started.

Edited by Ginaro

Just a guess. Could this be something to do with the Fourth Division being looked at as a transition division for new clubs from the amateurs/Youth leagues? Lower ground requirements and extra time given to them to help them make the move up the league.

Why differentiate between licenced and unlicenced clubs though?

If this was put forward by Carluke Rovers and Gartcairn does that mean that they are both about to gain their SFA licences?

Does this not only affect Girvan and (my old  favourites) Threave Rovers currently ?

I suspect that old Millie has either mis-heard something or has just made this up for reasons of mischief.

It sounds like nonsense to me.

Crack on, though ...

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since licensed clubs are in a pretty clear minority still, I would hope this fails pretty easily. The door was opened to Division 4 becoming an official part of the WoSFL. Going to have to live with it.

So getting a ground in place and up to a certain standard within 2 years idea for the new clubs has been dropped i take it.

The Wosfl Blazers don't half spin things on here.

Trying to make some sense of the idea which was mentioned in the opening post. Don't have any idea if there is something like this being put forward but, if it is, is it something like this?:

Maybe it's just that no licenced clubs will go down to Division 4 because it is to become a transition division.

However, guessing that no unlicenced club would be relegated this summer if it finishes above the designated bottom 6 relegation places. i.e. no relegation if 7th bottom or higher in the table this time around. That would mean Division 3 running with more than 16 clubs in 2023/24 as it has done in 2022/23.

It would allow the league to accept new clubs which are working on reaching the required ground standards etc by letting them into Division 4 but keeping them there until they reach the necessary standards AND finish in a promotion place.

Could this pave the way to an agreed merger with the S0S or with current amateur/under 21 leagues - thinking Caledonian Amateur/Central Scottish etc? That could give a pyramid right down into the amateur league's ranks. That would be s sensible move in many people's views.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Trying to make some sense of the idea which was mentioned in the opening post. Don't have any idea if there is something like this being put forward but, if it is, is it something like this?:

Maybe it's just that no licenced clubs will go down to Division 4 because it is to become a transition division.

However, guessing that no unlicenced club would be relegated this summer if it finishes above the designated bottom 6 relegation places. i.e. no relegation if 7th bottom or higher in the table this time around. That would mean Division 3 running with more than 16 clubs in 2023/24 as it has done in 2022/23.

It would allow the league to accept new clubs which are working on reaching the required ground standards etc by letting them into Division 4 but keeping them there until they reach the necessary standards AND finish in a promotion place.

Could this pave the way to an agreed merger with the S0S or with current amateur/under 21 leagues - thinking Caledonian Amateur/Central Scottish etc? That could give a pyramid right down into the amateur league's ranks. That would be s sensible move in many people's views.

How the blazers allowed Finnart Star and West Park Utd playing out of cages into Division 3 I'll never know

30 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

How the blazers allowed Finnart Star and West Park Utd playing out of cages into Division 3 I'll never know

I think that you've hit the nail on the head. Possibly that could be why there may be changes being brought in as, if the two clubs mentioned don't have grounds which meet the desired standards for Divisions 3 and above, then the WoS don't want that to happen again? You certainly can't send these two clubs back down at this stage but you can try to prevent this situation from happening again.