Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

11 hours ago, G_&_T said:

He might be...special, handicapped. I'm not sure what the appropriate word is anymore, but if someone has to look after him and wanted to go the game, then they might have brought something along to occupy him.  

Special needs/learning difficulties. Those were my intial thoughts too

29 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Accies tweeted there were 3429 at the game yesterday, 1822 Airdrie fans.

How many does their stand hold as it looked empty 

The ground has a capacity of just over 6,000. I'm guessing the one behind the goal holds 2,000, as it was almost full yesterday, but not quite. The temporary stand accommodates 700, according to footballgroundguide.com, so I would guess 3,300.

1,600 home fans for a play-off final against local rivals is dreadful, btw. So aye, the stand was more than half empty if my calculation's correct.

18 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

The ground has a capacity of just over 6,000. I'm guessing the one behind the goal holds 2,000, as it was almost full yesterday, but not quite. The temporary stand accommodates 700, according to footballgroundguide.com, so I would guess 3,300.

1,600 home fans for a play-off final against local rivals is dreadful, btw. So aye, the stand was more than half empty if my calculation's correct.

The  amount of Accies fans who didn't go because of The Board puzzles me.

Biggest game in 25 years and folk not going because of their hatred of The Owners.

The team needed them yesterday.I hope they are all happy today.😈😈

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

Stand does hold 3300 so Accies are trying to say that every 2nd seat in the stand was taken - another in a long list of lies from the board.

If there is a worse way to get relegated than at home, on penalties, to a local rival, after conceding a 90th minute equaliser and missing a sitter in the 120th minute then I'd love to know what it is.

Gutted to go down but this is soothed greatly by the knowledge that next season in the Championship would have been every bit as crap as this year.

19 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Stand does hold 3300 so Accies are trying to say that every 2nd seat in the stand was taken - another in a long list of lies from the board.

Tough one to take for Accies a real sea of heartbreak at the 90 and after pens,  trust me I know how it feels...

Where do you go from here, not at the wind up,   is it a complete reset, I know the majority are out of contract,  but you have some really good players. Minmaugh, L Smith , Tumilty the pick of the bunch,   will the off field antics with that p***k McGowan who along with Zengin and that other no mark Tom Wotherspoon tried and failed to out us under as well.... Win that battle and you get your club back, it can be done...

League 1 is a tough old league the longer you are in it.....

Only positive point is that it's over. It's been painful from start to finish, a few plus points but far outweighed by the negatives. Everything in field and off has been an unmitigated disaster.

Good to get a break from it all as it's draining. We go again next season but cannot say I'm confident in the slightest. Decent scran the lower you go down the leagues in fairness 

6 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

That's my friend who I attended the game with yesterday alongwith others, including the parent of 2 children one of whom was 4 years of age and occasionally during the more subdued periods of a Scottish fitba match requires alternative means of occupying their time.  When said parent and kids decide they're going on the pitch after a win it's nice that they have a friend who will tidy up their belongings and clothing they left behind in the rush. That is indeed a "special" friend. I'll pass along all your regards.

No need for the sarcasm, I wasn't being snide, just agreeing with another poster's valid, but apparently erroneous comment.

I have a bit of experience with people who have learning difficulties and how to keep them occupied (at football matches or elsewhere).

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

No need for the sarcasm, I wasn't being snide, just agreeing with another poster's valid, but apparently erroneous comment.

I have a bit of experience with people who have learning difficulties and how to keep them occupied (at football matches or elsewhere).

Aye if you have experience of dealing with learning difficulties then maybe stop randomly throwing that phrase around at anyone and everyone when you've no idea of circumstances.

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Another "box office" level aside from the forums resident thread trawler. 🙄

He literally quoted me. Just like you have here to call me a thread trawler. Its v. v creepy mate. I've asked you to stop this a few times now. 

12 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Aye if you have experience of dealing with learning difficulties then maybe stop randomly throwing that phrase around at anyone and everyone when you've no idea of circumstances.

I didn't "throw it around" - I quoted someone's post who "apparently" didn't know the correct phrase.

I didn't see the actual footage, but from what was posted it appeared that an adult had a colouring book, no mention of a child at that point, so agreed with his comment re probably special needs.

But fortunately you're here to act as this thread's policeman, and put everyone in their place, mind and be careful dismounting off your high horse.

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He literally quoted me. Just like you have here to call me a thread trawler. Its v. v creepy mate. I've asked you to stop this a few times now. 

You've asked me to stop quoting you? On a football forum that largely uses the quote function for post replies? Not sure you actually get how this works, which is doubly surprising as you literally live your entire life through these pages wee guy.