The Compo Faces Thread

2 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Although it does seem a rip off, it's a Christmas market ffs. Things are rarely cheap at those.

It’s just their “furious” TikTok smiles that amused me which is kinda the different aspects of this thread. 😂 😠 

I’m sure they knew how much it was before they bought it but went ahead anyway to get some social media dopamine hits. 

It is a great way to make money for these market traders. Sell shite at high prices and you get scores of eejits spending money thinking they are getting a luxury product. 

I have had friends in the fish industry who fillet the same fish for different supermarkets. The fish product is exactly the same but the M&S-Waitrose is always far more expensive than the so called lesser brands. 

I’m sure the same thing happens with electronics, clothing etc. 

IMG_3206.thumb.jpeg.aaf7ce3c8c54e0cfdbf8f3f545b8e268.jpeg

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-directors-launch-defamation-30506002.amp

“Two directors of St Mirren FC are suing former director Alan Wardrop for defamation.

Jim Gillespie and Mark MacMillan, the chief executive and director of corporate services at national children’s charity Kibble, which purchased a 27.5% shareholding in the Paisley club in 2020, were granted an interim interdict against Mr Wardrop.

The action has came about following claims by him that they had acted dishonestly regarding an outline application to build a children’s welfare centre in Paisley.

Mr Wardrop was a member of the St Mirren board from 2016, until the end of last year, is now subject to what is believed to be the first action under Scotland’s new Defamation Act.

Under the terms of the interim interdict, granted by the court today in Edinburgh under the Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) Act 2021,  Wardrop has been ordered not to repeat his accusations that they had covered up an intention to build on St Mirren Football Club owned land by lying.“

https://www.renfrewshire24.co.uk/2023/07/20/st-mirren-fc-directors-granted-interim-interdict-at-court-of-session/

Christian father removes his nine-year-old daughter from school after being horrified by what she was being taught in compulsory sex education lessons

The guy tried to withdraw his kid from a class about how puberty changes the body. Not even a sex education class. 

Plus, he looks like an old boss of mine who was a bit of a bell end. 

73423511-12315645-image-m-2_168986271684

On 22/07/2023 at 12:22, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

0_JS306233255.jpg

On 22/07/2023 at 13:11, welshbairn said:

image.thumb.png.ec22b566644982ac83dfe307833c6ce8.png

Laughed out loud (Lol'd) at these two.

About to be rich pickings from the Greek islands. Some of the entitled twats being interviewed on the news are unbelievable. Locals losing their homes, livelihoods, possessions, pets even yet Elsie from Essex is complaining that she was "distraught" as this was her first holiday for 3 years and it was "ruined". Just remove their passports on re entering Blighty !

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

About to be rich pickings from the Greek islands. Some of the entitled twats being interviewed on the news are unbelievable. Locals losing their homes, livelihoods, possessions, pets even yet Elsie from Essex is complaining that she was "distraught" as this was her first holiday for 3 years and it was "ruined". Just remove their passports on re entering Blighty !

Always amazes me in situations like this, everything from holidays gone wrong to surviving acts of terrorism, there's no shortage of people queuing up to speak to the media. It's the last thing I'd want to be doing if I was having a shite time.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Agreed., but TUI flying folk out to burning hotels and then relying on locals to find space for them in gyms is a bit off.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's the last thing I'd want to be doing if I was having a shite time.

I was flying home from ibiza when the Smeaton episode happened. 

I was specifically told to fly EasyJet to London and then train from there and I'd be reimbursed. (Ibiza Airport was shut to blow up a bag about 6hrs before my flight, then Glasgow was shut just before we took off). I could - and should - have flown to Manchester as I had folk there I could stay with and get a lift up the road from.

Took the gates advice, £200 to London. Nearly got shot on the runway. £150 train up the road. 

Put in for reimbursement : "act of terrorism". Still wish I went to the papers.

21 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Always amazes me in situations like this, everything from holidays gone wrong to surviving acts of terrorism, there's no shortage of people queuing up to speak to the media. It's the last thing I'd want to be doing if I was having a shite time.

Rhodes fires: Scots tourists sleep on street as blazes spread

_130493356_nicola1.jpg.webp

Nicola McCullen, 46, from Kilmarnock, slept on a mattress in the street after arriving late on Saturday night on a TUI flight from Glasgow to Rhodes.

Mattress on the street? The size of a bouncy castle! 

Edited by scottsdad