Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's not some kind of trick question.

Even assuming Hearts beat Aberdeen as a given (which it isn't). The question becomes do you expect Hearts to beat Aberdeen by two points over a two-fixture run where we go to Ibrox and play Hibs at home, while you play St Mirren at home and Celtic away.

I think very few people would expect Hearts to get the two-point win they need over those fixtures.

Aside from Hearts pulling out a bit result at Ibrox, it's over. And even then, I'd be more willing to put money on Aberdeen beating Celtic's u-19s on the last day when they'll probably 100% know a win gets them 3rd.

Statistically we are favourites, to what extent is subjective and how doomsday a view you have on following Aberdeen fc or hearts. 

What I was saying is I don’t think the bookies are spending much time looking at the remaining fixtures and working out the ins and outs. 

They’re just not going to expose themselves to a pay out on a ‘statistically’ likely outcome, plus they want to attract people to take a punt on hearts or even hibs. 

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aside from Hearts pulling out a bit result at Ibrox, it's over. And even then, I'd be more willing to put money on Aberdeen beating Celtic's u-19s on the last day when they'll probably 100% know a win gets them 3rd.

It's flag day at Parkred and they are only playing Caley in the Cup Final,  so by no stretch of the imagination will it be a weakened Celtic side.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It's flag day at Parkred and they are only playing Caley in the Cup Final,  so by no stretch of the imagination will it be a weakened Celtic side.

Not a chance Celtic put their treble at any risk because they need to go to the centre circle and lift a trophy.

I'm not saying I'm running out to put money on Aberdeen to win that one, but I think in the circumstances it's more likely than Hearts winning at Ibrox. I was hoping for Celtic on the last day for that reason. I'd fancy us at Tynecastle against them with the league won and a cup final to seal the treble a week later.

Edited by VincentGuerin

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Not a chance Celtic put their treble at any risk because they need to go to the centre circle and lift a trophy.

I'm not saying I'm running out to put money on Aberdeen to win that one, but I think in the circumstances it's more likely than Hearts winning at Ibrox. I was hoping for Celtic on the last day for that reason. I'd fancy us at Tynecastle against them with the league won and a cup final to seal the treble a week later.

Look vincent, let’s just agree hearts are finishing 3rd and I will be giving you right good ‘fucking told you so, get it up you’ when they do. 

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I see that Naismith is trying to get into the referee and the VAR's head today. So I suppose that for the third match running we are going to be screwed by the referee team. Totally predictable. 

If the VAR/refereeing decisions “average themselves out over the season” then hearts will need to have their captain sent off and banned into next season. We will be due a couple of penalties, one of which will be from one of our players rugby tackling their centre back and him landing on them, the other from a ball kicked from point blank range into one of their players elbows. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I see that Naismith is trying to get into the referee and the VAR's head today. So I suppose that for the third match running we are going to be screwed by the referee team. Totally predictable. 

I was going to like this post and then saw that it wasn't posted by a Hearts fan

I'll like it anyway because I admire your attitude

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He's missed a trick by not mentioning how many reds Clancy has gave us recently.  If you're going to lay it on thick do it properly.

11 hours ago, Don exotic said:

If the VAR/refereeing decisions “average themselves out over the season” then hearts will need to have their captain sent off and banned into next season. We will be due a couple of penalties, one of which will be from one of our players rugby tackling their centre back and him landing on them, the other from a ball kicked from point blank range into one of their players elbows. 

Worth trying to get odds for this?

Edited by naegoodinthedark

11 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Yes. Because bad decisions have only happened to Aberdeen.

f**k me, when did you lot become like this?

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

I have to admit, Aberdeen fans are coming across rather Celtic-like with these shouts.

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Yes. Because bad decisions have only happened to Aberdeen.

f**k me, when did you lot become like this?

All fans have always been like this. I've yet to see a group of fans who don't moan and whinge constantly about the refs being against them. Both Hearts and Rangers have their share of dunderheids.

D is for the dunderheads
who seem to think we have a conspiracy
against their particular team

I've started doing mental calculations of contentious game-changing decisions in our favour vs against us.

Would hate to come over as paranoid, so I need the data to validate it. 

But it wouldn't need a complex spreadsheet to conclude that the last couple of seasons in particular have been incredible - things quite simply do not "even themselves up", that's a myth.

Cochrane and Haring's red cards would also have boiled my piss - so not saying others don't also get shafted (with one obvious notable exception). 

Fully expecting the usual home Tynecastle penalty in this fixture - Stephen Pressley swallow dives were always the norm - and Shankland is a prolific penalty kick taker. 

I see Lawrence was good enough to admit this week that his arse was in the next postcode in his AFC days, due to a curly fries addiction apparently.  Shocking that Derek and his sports scientists couldn't have improved the discipline a bit more there and typical that someone else benefits down the line from his penalty taking talent.

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I've started doing mental calculations of contentious game-changing decisions in our favour vs against us.

Would hate to come over as paranoid, so I need the data to validate it. 

But it wouldn't need a complex spreadsheet to conclude that the last couple of seasons in particular have been incredible - things quite simply do not "even themselves up", that's a myth.

Cochrane and Haring's red cards would also have boiled my piss - so not saying others don't also get shafted (with one obvious notable exception). 

Fully expecting the usual home Tynecastle penalty in this fixture - Stephen Pressley swallow dives were always the norm - and Shankland is a prolific penalty kick taker. 

I see Lawrence was good enough to admit this week that his arse was in the next postcode in his AFC days, due to a curly fries addiction apparently.  Shocking that Derek and his sports scientists couldn't have improved the discipline a bit more there and typical that someone else benefits down the line from his penalty taking talent.

😀