Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

I wrote off this game - our squad simply isn’t good enough to cope with a few key absences.

We were actually in decent control for a spell in the first half and had a couple of chances to increase the lead, as well as the usual VAR nonsense when a clear penalty was refused because that’s how things work.

Last part of the first half got a bit squeaky and a very good hit for the equaliser.

Second half was more what I expected the game to be and it was another worrying afternoon of Barry just throwing on bodies with little obvious purpose.

Was the winner definitely onside? - seem inconclusive with our tinpot one camera check. Nevertheless the second half was a mess from us and a game we were always probably losing was lost.

Just now, Raidernation said:

@woolf

f**k off!

You have no idea about the week I had.

This is an outlet for me, and you’re still a moronic child

Stop the pish then,we all have bad times mate.Didn’t mean to add to any issues you have.Appologies.PM me if you like a private chat 

The better team won today via two very good goals - no complaints. The second was definitely onside. Pollocks only mistake of the game was to be caught a couple steps too deep wide right as Cochrane fired in the cross.

Considering our squad limitations, I thought the first half was going perfectly until the equaliser. Watkins, Miovski, and Clarkson were linking up really well and giving us effective out balls and counters. That blaster of a goal just before half time probably felt like a body blow given how well we had defended to that point. 

For all the good work Miovski does outside the box, he undermines it with his poor return in the box - he just seems to lack that touch-n-hit instinct. I agree with the view that his attempt at winning a pen from Sibbick when clean through was a cringy embarrassment - a more effective striker just gets set and pulls the trigger there. 

FWIW I thought the Haring trip on Watkins was a pen. “played for it” or “made the most of the contact” happens all over the pitch all the time - it doesn’t mean it’s not a foul. Looked like a clumsy trip to me on the replays.

Morris was frustrating. Incredible pace but zero left foot or enough quality on his right foot in key moments. For me, he epitomised the state of our bench today and squad in general. We have the core of a very good team but the rest are way short of being good enough to make any impact. It’s incredible Robson has dragged this mob into 3rd.

Special mention to Roos and Clarkson who I thought were superb today. Fair play to the Hearts TV commentary team too - very balanced.

Edited by bpdon

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's an absolute blatant penalty. Clancy gave nothing today. Constantly dishing out yellow cards to our players which prevent half the team from being able to commit to challenges. A fair few Hearts players should have been booked for similar offences to ours.

I don't know if there's an agenda against Aberdeen however every week we are on the receiving end of some truly horrendous decisions. The officiating in this country is nothing short of shoddy.

There was a challenge by Atkinson in the second half beside the touchline which was worse than all four of our bookings. Summed up Clancy today. The decisions against us, or not for us, since the split have been incredible.